Confidence Boost

Emily's POV:

After the court session ended and the portal between Heaven and Hell sucked Charlie and Vaggie back to their hotel, I thought about how I could have helped and now I feel disappointed in myself.

I could have tried harder to defend them, I could of been more nosy and learn about the extermination sooner, but now it's too late...

Sera was about to lean down and have a private talk to me about my "outbursts" during court, but I was too quick for her and flew away. Right now, I just wanted to be left alone.

I arrived in my bedroom and flung myself onto my bed, so drained after today. So much had happened like meeting the Princess of Hell, learning Vaggie had not been kidnapped like Sera told me and had actually been attacked and left in Hell and that she had been completely fine with the secret extermination and had not told me!

I had trusted her so much... but everything she's told me has probably been a lie now that I think about it...

I rolled over and began crying into my pillow. I just didn't really see the point in living anymore, now that my new best friend was likely to be killed in the next month, and how I'm helpless and can't do anything to stop it.

Someone must have heard me crying because there was suddenly a knock on the door. My immediate response was to think it was Sera and my sadness quickly burned into raging anger.

"GO AWAY SERA, I DON'T WANT TO SEE YOU RIGHT NOW!!!" I shouted, throwing a pillow at the gold door.

"No Emily, it's just me, Lute!" Lute said.

I gasped and covered my hands over my lips. I had just gotten angry over completely nothing and after all, Lute is one of my only friends in Heavan.

I flew out of bed and over so I could oven the door. The first thing I saw was Lute's grumpy face.

I like Lute! She's so kind and cool and pretty and-

Wait, DID I JUST CALL HER PRETTY?!

"Hello Lute, sorry about... that," I apologised, looking down on the floor in dissapointment.

"Oh don't worry, it's understandable after... everything that has happened today," Lute replied.

I flew over to my bed and landed face first since I just couldn't be bothered to actually get under the covers or anything.

"Oh tell me about it!" I said, my voice sounding muffled from my mouth resting on my comfy, blue duvet.

Lute marched over and then sat down on my bed beside me.

"So, how are you feeling about the whole situation?" She asked.

I sat up straight and then shuffled closer to her.

"Well, it just feels like so much! They say you learn something new everyday, but I don't think you should learn THAT much new stuff in a day!" I explained, "I just... don't know."

"Yeah," Lute replied and then cleared her throat, "I feel that although this is all happening and really big, you shouldn't let Sera just treat you like a child the whole time... you should explain how you feel to her!"

I looked up and stared into her beautiful, yellow eyes... and here I go again!

"You really think so?" I asked, trying to make my facial expression look really cute and adorable.

And I think it worked because I saw a blush creep onto her face and then she turned away to hide it.

"Yeah, you should..." She mumbled.

I leaned in closer and then wrapped my arms around her, giving her a tight squeeze.

"Thank you for the advice!" I said, hugging tighter as I did and a blush creeper onto my fact too because her clothing felt so smooth.

"N-no p-problem!" Lute stuttered, her palms starting to sweat and her face turning redder, almost like a tomato.

She pushed herself away and the stood up and marched away from the bed and over to the door.

We both waved goodbye and then when she closed the door behind herself, I led back onto my bed and started daydreaming about her.

"Lute," I said to myself, beginning to blush again as I thought of her...

______________________________________

I literally only found out Emilute was a ship yesterday and now we're here... somehow

Shout out to @rzubz_ for making the very first Emilute fanfic on Wattpad, definitely recommend you go check it out as they did convert me to this ship without knowing after all

Anyway, see you in the next chapter, byyeeeee!!!

𝐖𝐡𝐚𝐭𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐫 𝐈𝐭 𝐓𝐚𝐤𝐞𝐬 𝐓𝐨 𝐏𝐫𝐨𝐭𝐞𝐜𝐭 𝐘𝐨𝐮 // Emilute //On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara