A Double Date For Disaster

Emily's POV:

Last night, I couldn't get any sleep because I was stuff reflecting on my actions...

Sure, Lute was putting herself in danger by trying to make a deal with the untrustworthy Lilith, but did I really have to lash out on both of them?

I've never, ever done anything like that before, and now I feel guilty over it. So, in the middle of the night, I wrote a letter to Charlie to arrange something and then waited until the next day to try and talk with Lute.

When I knew she would be awake, I got out of bed tiredly and quickly rushed my morning routine before arriving at the breakfast table. Usually, I sit by Sera, but as soon as I saw Lute, I immediately flew over to her.

"I'm really sorry about everything I did yesterday, I really shouldn't have lashed out like that on you and Lilith!" I apologised.

Lute was taken aback at first, but after a second of processing, she immediately tried to argue against it.

"Oh, it isn't your fault! It's mine for trying to do something selfish that really wouldn't benefit anyone else but myself!" She protested, picking up a sandwich.

"It wasn't selfish!" I replied, picked up a sandwich for myself.

"It so was!" She responded.

"You two are like an old married couple!" Sera chuckled, "It's adorable!"

We both turned tomato red and then went quiet until I managed to form a conversation that I wanted to play out.

"So, to apologise for what happened, I've decided to organise something that I think you'll love!" I said.

"What is it?" She asked sceptically.

"We're going on a double date with Charlie and Vaggie!" I announced.

"WE'RE WHAT?!" She exclaimed, so loud that I had to cover my ears.

"Indoor voices, please. Otherwise, we will have to ask you to leave!" Sera said sternly.

"It's fine, we were about to go anyway!" I replied and then dragged Lute out of the room...

Lute's POV:

Nothing makes sense right now. First, I get into an argument with my crush, and now we're going on a "double date" with the Princess of Hell and... Vaggie!!! Why those two? Why couldn't it just be us?!

"Sorry to be rude, but why with these two?" I asked once we were far away from the other angels.

"Because I think it will be a great exercise to rebuild our trust with each other but also with your old friend and her girlfriend!" Emily explained.

"Fine, but when is this?" I questioned.

Emily checked her watch and then answered, "In about five minutes, better get ready quickly!"

"Five minutes?! What about my breakfast?" I exclaimed, taking a bite out of my sandwich that I brought along with me.

Emily snatched the sandwich off me and then hurtled it into the sky

"What breakfast?" She then said and acted like nothing happened.

I was left speechless, but I quickly stopped gawking at her so that I could get ready. So with that, I flew off...

I don't actually have any other clothes but my exorcist uniform covered in blood stains so the only reason I went back was to grab my angelic spear, just in case I was to get into a fight.