Allies Under The Same Rainbow

Emily's POV:

Yesterday was the definitely the best day of my life. I'm so glad Valentine's day managed to bring me and Lute so close to the point we're dating now!

It feels like my dream came true...

Anyway, after I got home, I decided to do a lot of research on what we should do now that we're girlfriends, but there was this one thing that was playing on my mind.

Apparently down in the human world, couples that are the same gender need to "come out". This was really confusing since I'm not in a "closet" and don't see the need as to why I need to come out to anyone about whatever a "sexuality" is.

Despite this though, I still decided to take a "am I gay?" test and it told me I was bisexual. I don't quite understand the meaning, but decided to just go along with it and plan my day out for the next day...

When I woke up, I immediately flew out of bed and then all the way to Lute's bedroom. I knocked on her door, and as soon as she opened it, we hugged and then stared into each other's eyes lovingly.

"Hey beautiful, how are you?" Lute asked, using finger guns.

I was so taken aback and flustered by this, but I didn't want to mess my interaction up, "I'm good my love, h-how are you?"

"Great!" She replied, "So what are we doing today?"

"Well, last night I've done a lot of research, and I've decided that today, I'm coming out!" I announced.

"Your what?" Lute questioned, her face showing that she was clearly puzzled.

"I heard that there is a tradition for people under the 'LGBTQIA+ umbrella' to come out to those closest around them about not liking the opposite gender or not identifying as the same gender from birth!" I explained.

"I don't know what the hell any of that means but I don't think that applies to us!" My girlfriend responded, "Besides, we're angels, not humans!"

"Look, basically, I'm going to tell Sera that we're together!" I announced.

"WHAT?!" She exclaimed.

I could see that she was shaking from fear, so I put my hands on her shoulders and smiled sympathetically.

"It will be fine, I'll be right beside you, and I hope you do the same for me!" I said in a soothing voice.

Lute nodded and gave a small, lopsided smile. After that, we both held hands and we went to the breakfast hall.

I had arranged this with Sera last night so we could do this as soon as possible, but when we arrived, anxiety began to kick in.

I was so worried she would disprove of me being with Lute and try to split us up. This then got to a point where I started to hyperventilate.

"Are you okay?" Lute asked, concern flooding her words.

"I'm s-sure I'll be fine!" I stuttered.

We walked up to the table and found that the only person there was Sera. She smiled at me, and in a way that reassured me.

"Good morning Emily and Lute!" She greeted us, "How are both of you today?"

"I'm great!" Both me and my girlfriend said in unison.

Sera chuckled, and both me and Lute laughed nervously.

"So what did you want to talk to me about?" The higher seraphim asked, raising an eyebrow in concern.

I started to feel myself sweat and start to breathe heavily again as I tried to think of what to say. Lute held my hand tightly and gave a warm smile, and instantly I felt calm again.

"Well, the thing is..." I said, "Is that I have a girlfriend!"

"Oh wow, who is it?" Sera questioned.

"The beautiful girl sitting right next to me!" I said, pointing at Lute.

The seraphim didn't respond straight away, which started to worry me. I've worried for years that one day I would dissapoint Sera, and was now thinking today was the day...

"Well, just know that I'm happy for you!" Sera finally said, smiling.

"Thank you!" I replied, smiling back.

"And Lute, make sure you take care of her!" Sera commanded.

"I'll do my best, ma'am!" Lute responded instantly and gave a salute, which made me giggle.

After that, the three of us started eating our breakfast. Both me and Lute shared a sandwich, and after that I gifted her another to make up for the one I through away before.

Once we were finished, I was about to stand up when Sera's sudden voice made me hault.

"There's something I wanted to quickly say too!" She said briskly.

I sat back down and looked up at her, "What is it?"

"I have a girlfriend too!" Sera announced.

My gaw immediately dropped, but then Lute put it back up for me.

"Who is it?" My girlfriend asked.

Sera looked to her left and smiled so we looked too. Right there was Lilith entering into the hall and then sitting beside the seraphim. I started to grit my teeth at the sight of seeing her.

"Meet my girlfriend, the lovely Lilith!" Sera said and then kissed her on the cheek.

"Hello Lilith..." I muttered.

"Hello Emily, it's lovely to see you!" Lilith greeted in a delightful voice, much to my shock.

"You really think so?" I questioned, raising an eyebrow.

"I'm so sorry about what happened a few days ago!" The Queen of hell apologised, "I really hope that by taking care if Sera that you will forgive me!"

"I guess so..." I muttered.

"So, what do you think about us being together?" Sera asked.

"I guess I could learn to accept it," I answered.

"And that's all that I ask," She responded, "I hope you have a lovely rest of your day!"

"Same here!" I replied.

The four of us got up and hugged each other goodbye before exiting the hall. Once me and Lute were out, she instantly hugged me and we began spinning around.

"You were incredible!" She exclaimed.

"No, we were incredible!" I corrected her.

"I love you so much!" Lute said, leaning in close to me.

"I love you even more!" I replied, leaning in even closer.

We then both interlocked lips and kissed. Despite how lovely the last one was, this was even more enchanting and magical, one that I treasure along with the many other wholesome moments I was to make with her in the years to come...

-----

PENULTIMATE CHAPTER!!! :D