Conflicting Feelings

Lute's POV:

I was standing against the wall of Sera's room, waiting for Adam to return. I can't believe that Emily was the one to cause this all to happen....

Emily, she's so lovable and cute!

Wait a second, I can't be calling here cute! I'm a girl, and she is one too. It is wrong to act that way!

Ever since I was born, I was taught by my fellow exorcist angels that being gay was wrong, and that would bring you down to hell, and I strongly believe in that. Besides, Charlie and all of her friends down in that sinful hotel are gays, probably why they ended up down there in the first place.

As I was snapped out of thought, I saw the door beside me open, and Adam walked out. I was relieved to see him as my thoughts were troubling me.

"How did it go?" I asked.

"Awful, Sera wants me to stop the extermination taking place, and it's not like I can go against her!" Adam replied, crossing his arms.

"And why not? You have more authority than her!" I said.

"I guess so, but she's pretty strong, and who knows what could happen to me and you if we go against her orders!" He responded.

I sighed because the only real reason I wanted to do this was to protect Emily, and I don't want to fail her by not letting this go through. I've known her ever since we were young angels, and even though I was scared of her at first, we became quick friends.

I was surprised she would want to befriend me as I am lower than her in the heavenly hierarchy, but... she still wanted to be friends with me, which I respect.

She's just so sweet, like a little cinnamon roll, and so pretty... and there I go again!

I can't let myself sink to Vaggie's level, I don't want to end up in hell, and if I do, she's probably going to stab my eye out like I did with hers.

We continued walking until I suddenly spotted Emily. She caught my gaze and then quickly flew over. I tried to dodge the hug because I didn't want to make a fool of myself in front of Adam, but I wasn't strong enough, and she wrapped her warm hands around me.

"Hi Lute, how are you?" She asked.

"Oh, I'm... good!" I stuttered, a blush beginning to creep onto my cheeks for some reason, which Adam spotted.

"That's great!" She replied, grinning with her sparkling white teeth.

I couldn't help but stare into her beautiful blue eyes. They were as blue as the sky below heaven. I was so lost in them that she waved her hand in front of me.

"Helloooooo, heaven to Lute!" She called.

"Oh right, sorry!" I replied, now blushing even more now due to embarrassment.

There was a noise heard behind Emily that was calling her name. She turned around, and it turned out to be St. Peter.

"Sorry, but it seems someone needs me!" She apologised, "Talk later?"

"Uhhhh yeah... sure!" I replied.

She waved goodbye and then flew off to join the angel. I then felt a playful nudge in my shoulder.

"You like her, don't you?" He asked, grinning smugly.

"What?" I asked, blushing even more, which I didn't think was possible, and my pale face now probably looked as red as a tomato.

"You've known Emily for years, and I see the way you look at her. You obviously have a crush on her!" Adam explained.

"Well... I don't!" I mumbled, "Besides, I'm nothing like sinful Vaggie!"

"Sinful? Pfffttt-" He laughed, "She ain't sinful, I personally think Chaggie is cute!"

"Chaggie?" I asked.

"Charlie x Vaggie, obviously!" The first man replied, "There's a lot you don't understand about relationships!"

We continued arguing back and forth about me being gay until we walked past my bedroom, and I stopped.

"I need to... take a break for a while to think about everything that has happened today!" I said.

"Okay then, have fun, and don't start writing love letters to Emily without me!" He joked.

"I'M NOT GAY!" I yelled and then slammed the door on him.

I then sighed and flew over onto my bed and led there, though of Emily beginning to plague my mind.

I can't be like this. Love between two people of the same gender is vile and blasphemous, as I said to Vaggie yesterday. But then again, I might have just been saying that because she was an angel and was somehow dating the Princess of Hell.

I don't understand what is going on. These feelings are weird, and I just want them gone, but they won't leave. Why can't I just be a normal exorcist angel, homophobic and willing to kill the gays to prove only straightness will give you a chance in heaven.

I mean, Adam seemed pretty cool with that possible idea even though I thought he would be homophobic, but it isn't about him. It's about proving to the other exorcists that I shouldn't be cast away like Vaggie and that... what if I disgusted Emily?

She seems pretty clingy of me and would probably be supportive, but what if she found out I liked her? I have no idea if she likes girls, so how would she respond?

Would she run away? Hide? Ask for Sera to dispose of me in the fiery pit that is known as hell? I honestly don't know...

But one thing I know for sure is that I can't let her ever know how I feel...