Cupid's Chokehold

Lute's POV:

After arriving back to bedroom after finishing the food Emily and the others, I started to feel something plague my mind.

It's just that, me and Emily have been through so much... yet we've never had an accidental kiss from all of the time we spent together recently. I've seen other people who are now in relationships kiss accidentally before they get together, but why haven't we?

It makes me start to think that Emily doesn't have feelings for me, or maybe deep down, I don't have feelings for her.

I just really want to tell her how I feel, but I just don't know how to. I don't know how she will respond or whether or not she would still want to be friends with me. Our friendship is the most important thing to me and I don't want to risk losing it.

But regardless of how scared I was, I was ready to tell her. So the next day and as soon as I woke up, I immediately flew out of my bedroom and up to Emily's room.

I banged on her door and then waited excitedly for to see her. When she did open it, she looked very tired and was still in her pyjamas.

"How can you be up so early?" She asked and then yawned.

I looked uo at the clock and realised it was 5 am... whoops!

"Sorry about that, it's just-" I was about to explain, but then she interrupted me.

"And how nice you decided to come to me on Valentine's day!" She said, now fully awake.

"IT'S VALENTINE'S DAY?!" I exclaimed.

"Yeah!" She said.

I then started to panic as I hadn't realised and I didn't actually have anything for her at the moment.

"Uhhhh... I have to go and get a present for my uhhhh... crush!" I stuttered loudly.

"Same, we could go together if you want?" Emily suggested, holding out her hand.

"I'll b-be fine, but t-thank y-yoy!" I quickly declined

With my face tomato red, I then flew away. I then decided to go to the shopping centre in the middle of heaven to find something for her, but it was difficult.

I had no idea what she would want and everything was selling out fast for Valentine's day. Despite the fact I had known the seraphim for years, I didn't know too much about what she really liked.

I picked up a heart shaped box of chocolates and a bouquet of roses, but then thought it would be too cheesy and she could possibly have an allergy to either so I let another angel have them instead.

For hours, I looked around at all of the shops carefully to find something for Emily, but I was just too stressed to think properly on what she would actually want.

After I finished eating my late lunch, I then felt a vibration in my pocket. I grabbed my phone and realised that the girl that I liked had sent me a message.

Emily:
Hey, sorry to bother you but you said that you wanted to meet up with me and it's been a few hours since I last saw you soooooo, do you still want to meet up?

I started to sweat as I tried to come to a decision. But because I just desperately needed to smell her lavender scent and gaze into her beautifully pale blue eyes, I replied with...

Me:
Sure! 😘

I have no idea how I managed to type an emoji like that, but I immediately started to freak out. I tried to find a way to delete it, but by the time I did, she had already read the message and replied.

Emily:
Cool, see by the gates! 😁

My panic went away when I realised she hadn't noticed the emoji and I smiled down at her profile picture. So after that, I tucked my phone away and flew over to the gates.

When I got down there, I immediately found Emily's there. She was smiling but couldn't wave because it seemed like she had something behind her back, which made me worry again.

"Hello!" I greeted.

"Hi!" She greeted, "Looks like you didn't end up getting anything for your crush, huh?"

"Yeah," I sighed, "But, I do have something I must tell you!"

She looked at me in a way that showed me she had my full attention. But when I tried to open my mouth and speak, no words came out.

I so desperately wanted to tell her how I feel, but I felt like Cupid had a chokehold on me, not letting me tell her my love.

But, I was tired of this. Tired of the way love makes me feel. Tired of the butterflies in my stomach making it hard to speak. So with that, I broke free and kissed her.

The moment was so passionate and as we locked lips, it felt like magic. Her lips were so smooth and I wish I could stay in this position forever, but quickly after, I pushed back.

Both of our faces went red all over with embarrassment, but for the first time ever, I was the one to break the ice.

"So, what I've been wanting to say for a while is... I love you!" I admitted.

Her face was still so mesmerised from when we kissed that she hadn't been paying attention, but her reply made it feel like she had been listening the whole time.

"I l-love you t-too!" Emily stuttered, grinning awkwardly.

"So, can we be girlfriends?" I asked.

"Yeah!" She responded.

So with that, we both hugged, happy to finally be together after all of this time...

-----

This was rushed because I recieved a comment on my message board asking me when the next chapter will be. I had completely forgotten since I had a day off of school on Monday and my brain was messed up with the days (even now i still think it's Tuesday)

When I get comments like this, I will rush because I feel like it's my fault and my mistake and I must own up to it, but in return you get a mess of words scrambled together and an anxious and stressed out author who won't want to continue working on this anymore... but luckily there will only be two more chapters until the end!