hallucinating

"what do you think logan?" billie questioned from next to me.

i lifted my head before turning to look at her, my eyes only resting there for a short while.

hey?
over here!

although it was only a quick glance before my eyes returned to the black figure in the corner of the room.

"are you okay logan?" she asked.

my eyes flickered a little although i refused to take my eyes off of the shadow.

did you miss me?
i certainly missed you.

it's evil face contorting into a million scary shapes as i rapidly blinked to remove it from my vision.

"sweetheart?" i heard maggie speak.

no matter how many times i wanted to move or talk, i couldn't bring myself to remove my stare.

however the second that i looked away, the black figure had disappeared causing me to rub my eyes.

"yeah sorry what?" i questioned.

billie and maggie exchanged glances as i checked the room for anymore dark figures that might be lurking somewhere.

"what would you like to do?" someone spoke.

although a brief tap on my shoulder caused me to turn around in fear.

did you miss me?
i'm always watching.

the black figure had now tilted it's head to one side, showing off it's sharp teeth in a cheesy smile.

"logan?" someone questioned.

logan?
is that your name?

"no." i spoke, trying to deter the demon.

you're not in charge here.
did you forget that?

but it didn't like that, it hated the fact that i was retaliating so it took a step closer to me.

don't you dare.
you aren't in control.

my hand became outstretched, my fingers forming a 'stop motion' to voice my view.

"you can't hurt me." i told it.

it turned it's head to the other side before shaking it's slightly then returning to it's previous position.

"no one's going to hurt you." someone explained.

she does know th-

i shook my head as the figure disappeared allowing me to look around.

"what?" i questioned, visibly confused.

billie shook her head, allowing me to gather my thoughts for a few seconds as i struggled to stay present.

"can we do something, i feel kinda weird?" i asked.

but i didn't hear the reply to my question because something touched my arm causing me to let out a scream.

sorry, i didn't mean to scare you.
just wanted to have a little chat.

"i don't want to talk." i mumbled.

my heart began to beat faster as i struggled to keep myself calm, closing my eyes tightly shut to try and block the sound.

"you don't have to talk if you don't want to." someone told me.

i shook my head once again, snapping away from the figure to find out who was talking to me.