4

I knew I wasn't attractive, I wasn't un-attractive either. I was just normal. There were beautiful girls like Alyssa or Rachel or even girls like Harper who had their own niche of attractiveness. This was a thought I've had since I was twelve and that interaction on my first day with Daminen only cemented that thought. But we weren't on that first day of filming anymore, we were halfway filming the first season and boys were starting to notice me. I don't know why but I was even chosen to have an onscreen flirtationship. Sure it only lasted two episodes before he was eliminated due to his overall lack of appeal but things were looking up for me. I wasn't sure if it was life finally being kind towards me or if it was the intense new calorie deficit mixed in rigorous exercise but I was down at least two dress sizes which meant I could fit into the clothes that Alyssa had brought but didn't plan on wearing. I felt cool, popular, hell I just felt wanted for once in my life.

I would usually spend my downtime sitting on the cabin front porch, watching the world go by and enjoying my own company. Of course, I would have rather enjoyed the company with others but I didn't want to push my luck. I may have been semi-attractive now but that didn't mean everyone wanted to be my friend. "Hey." A female voice spoke out, breaking the peaceful silence. I snapped my attention towards the girl. Rachel was a part of Alyssa's onscreen group, they were friends off screen and she and I had made civil conversation but there was no reason why she would be willingly talking to me without Alyssa being by my side. She was blonde, tall and had a slender figure and I'm pretty sure she was the head cheerleader at her high school. She was beautiful and loved. Oh how I longed to be her.

"Oh, um, hi." My voice spluttered out, unsure if she was truly talking to me. I studied her face, she didn't appear overly friendly but I couldn't recall anything I had done to wrong her so she couldn't be trying to confront me for anything. Unless I had accidentally hurt her? The line between what was real and fake in this place was thin. What if one of the producers had made up some nasty rumor to try and create more 'authentic' drama?

"Listen. Both Alyssa and Joe found something stashed in their bunks and Alyssa wanted me to get you. I'll be real though, I didn't want to because I totally you would just be a narc and get them kicked off but Alyssa really wanted you to be there so, come on. Follow me." She talked quickly and had already turned around before I had the chance to respond. While I wasn't thrilled Rachel thought I was a complete buzzkill and would rather exclude me from group get-togethers, it was a feeling I could be comfortable with. I picked myself up from the cabin porch steps and followed after the blonde.

Rachel dragged me deeper into the woods than my comfort zone enjoyed, what if this was some awful prank? Drag me out deep into the woods and see how long it would take me to get back to safety. If I made it to safety? What if this was something more malicious? Oh god. I wanted my name to be remembered but not for being murdered in the woods of a reality tv show. Surely someone in the crew would notice I wasn't there. Right? Thoughts were flooding my head, maybe I should turn back now and save myself of the embarrassment that was about to come. "It's about time you got here!" Alyssa's voice called out, clearing all doubt and ill intentions from my head. A small smile crept onto my face. I caught up with the small group and joined their already made circle.

All six remaining contestants were there, huddled together, it made me feel less special but I knew if I was the only one not invited like Rachel wanted I would have felt a hell of a lot worse. "Okay so when I came back to the cabin after my morning swim, it looked like someone had been in my bed. It was so weird." Joe started, his voice was low, as if he didn't want anyone to overhear him. "Well I checked under my pillow cause I just had this strange feeling and I found this." He pulled out what at first I assumed was a cigarette but then I noticed instead of tobacco poking out at the end, it was green.