Milke bhi Hum na Mile

Chapter 1:

In the stifling atmosphere of the prison, Daya's hands trembled as he gripped the file, its weight heavy with secrets. The faint sounds of shuffling feet and jangling keys were drowned out by the tempestuous storm raging within his mind.

Suddenly, a voice cut through the silence, sending a chill down his spine. 'Daya Sir,' the familiar voice echoed, reverberating through the corridors of his haunted past. It was a voice that had tormented him for twenty-five years, a constant companion in his nightmares.

'Itne saal hogaye, Aap bhul kyu nahi jaate, nahi karti main...'

The words trailed off, hanging in the air like an unspoken accusation. Daya's knuckles turned white as his grip on the file tightened. The triumphant smile that had momentarily illuminated his face vanished, replaced by a mask of terror.

As Daya stumbled backwards, he collided with a water pot, shattering it into a thousand pieces. Shards of glass rained down upon him, but it was the words that pierced his soul, igniting a dormant nightmare.

Collapsing to the floor, Daya's body trembled violently. He closed his eyes, the horrific dream consuming him once more. When he opened them, he found himself in the familiar confines of his bedroom, the echoes of the nightmare still lingering in his mind.

As he sat up, his heart pounding in his chest, he brushed his trembling hand through his hair, trying to calm his racing thoughts. Just then, his phone rang, shattering the silence, with trembling fingers, he answered.

'Daya,' a voice spoke on the other end, a pause and a sigh carrying an ominous weight. 'It's me, Aman. I have news.'

Daya sat up, his heart pounding in his chest.

♧♧♧♧♧♧♧♧♧♧♧♧♧♧♧♧♧♧♧

Kashmir:

In the ethereal wilderness of the Indian Himalayas, Daya's weathered heart carried a profound burden of loss. For two decades, he had roamed the icy peaks, lending aid to stranded souls and guiding lost travelers. Yet, his own path remained shrouded in obscurity, burdened by the memory of Shreya, the love he had torn apart from.

Amidst the relentless snowfall, Aman's faint voice echoed from a distance. '

Aman:(from a distance)Daya(he looked at Aman as he signaled him)Hum inhe niche le jaa rahe hain tum bhi chalo mausam kharab ho raha hain.

Daya: Aata hu..

Daya nodded absently, his gaze fixed on the swirling snow. Twenty-five winters had passed since he bid farewell to Shreya, their abrupt separation leaving a gaping void in his soul. With a sigh, he retrieved his camera and began filming a vlog.

Through the lens, Daya unfurled the fabric of his arduous journey, each step marked by a vlog that served as a coping mechanism for the pain he carried within

Through the lens, Daya unfurled the fabric of his arduous journey, each step marked by a vlog that served as a coping mechanism for the pain he carried within. Once a fierce warrior on the frontlines of life's battles, he had now retreated to the silent solitude of the mountains. As the pristine snow whispered beneath his boots, the wind carried through the leafless branches, echoing the whispers of his grief.