Part 5: Fixer meets Hero

Calhoun walks with three of his soldiers looking around the battlefield. Calhoun had an odd feeling as the three soldiers were just talking behind him.

Attention! The arcade is now closed.

"Did you get a load of Markowski?"

The soldiers share a laugh remembering the pathetic display 'Markoswski' put on earlier. But Calhoun wasn't laughing as his odd feeling didn't go and he heard a faint noise.

"Shut your chew holes," Calhoun ordered as he signaled for his soldiers to stop walking. The soldiers did as they were told as they waited for Calhoun's next order. "Cy-Bug."

The four men fire up their guns as they stand back to back. They looked around as the sound became louder. Y/n and Felix walk up to the entrance and look at the open battlefield. They were both shocked but impressed by what they saw. The area looks clean and very detailed despite it being a darker tone compared to other games. It was clear that this was a newer game.

"Taste it!"

Calhoun and his soldiers opened fire at Y/n and Felix. The siblings scream in fear as they jump around for dear life trying to dodge the bullets. But one of the bullets blasts them forward and they land right behind the soldiers. They were petrified in fear and shock by what happened. Calhoun then kicks their feet from under them causing them to fall down onto the floor. They grunted but then quickly put their hands in front of them as Calhoun put his gun right in front of them and the armed soldiers stared at the Fix-it siblings.

"Slick Tiddlywinking, pint-size, pipsqueak," Calhoun said.

"We're Y/n and Felix, sir," y/n stated, scared.

"From the game Fix-It-Siblings," Felix stated, absolutely terrified.

The siblings were scared since they are literally being held at gunpoint. Y/n peeked her eyes open and made eye-contact with Calhoun. She gasps as her cheeks get a tint of red.

"Jimieny jaminey," y/n mumbled in awe. "That high definition, your face. It's amazing..."

Felix looks at y/n to see her with a love struck look on her face. He noticed she had actual hearts in her eyes and her words seemed to soften Calhoun's eyes ever so slightly. This made him both confused but also made him feel angry but he wasn't sure which one to handle first.

"Hate to break it to you sweetheart but flattery won't charge these batteries," Calhoun said as he pointed his gun away from them. "Now state your business."

Y/n immediately felt embarrassed as she didn't even realize those words actually came out of her mouth instead of staying in her head. She felt like she wanted to die from embarrassment as Felix helped her stand up. He makes y/n stand a bit behind him to create some space between her and the soldiers.

The other soldiers all share a little smirk with each other since her words seem to have worked on their stone-cold sergeant because they've never seen Calhoun point his gun away from a stranger so easily. Plus they thought she was brave to say that to him, given his personality. But they went back to serious as they had to keep the look in front of the siblings since this was kind of like an interrogation.

"We're looking for our colleague, Wreck-It-Ralph," Felix said with a little glare at Calhoun.

"Never heard of him," Calhoun said.

"Well, Q*Bert saw him come in here," y/n said as she shyly made eye contact with Calhoun.

"Impossible. Nothing gets past me," Calhoun stated.

They heard metal clanking from the tower. This alerts all of them as they rush to the tower to see what that was. Ralph was breaking the glass wall to get inside the room. He managed to break it and walked inside. The room had lots of tech along with a few Cy-Bug eggs. Speaking of which, in between Ralph and the medal, was just a sea of eggs. He carefully made his way through the eggs and thankfully didn't break a single one. He sighs in relief and walks up to the medal.

The barrier around the medal comes off as a hologram of a military general appears.

"Congratulations, soldier. It is my honor to bestow upon you the Medal of Heroes."

The medal descends down as Ralph looks at it in awe. He then gets mental images of what can happen when he walks back to Fix-it-Siblings with this shiny, new medal. The Nicelanders will welcome him with cheers. He'll be at the top of the next cake. He'll be dancing on the dance floor. And best of all, Gene will be watching this from the dump.

Ralph then opened his eyes to see the medal go around his neck. Holographic soldiers appear around him and give Ralph a salute, followed by the general.

"History will long rever your courage and sacrifice."

"Well, thank you," Ralph said.

Fireworks go off as fighter jets fly above his head. The soldiers then clap as Ralph descends the stairs, basking in his glory.

"You have etched in the rock of virtue a legacy beyond compare."

"Thanks, guys. At ease," Ralph exclaimed as he gave the holo-soldiers a salute.

"You are the universe's greatest hero."

Unfortunately Ralph was a little too busy basking in his glory that he wasn't paying attention to where he was walking. This led him to stepping on one of the Cy-Bug eggs to break. He looks down, upset and sees a little baby Cy-Bug.

"The living embodiment of all this corps represents."

He thought it was cute but it immediately jumped on his face, lactating on to him. Ralph screamed into it as he tried to get it off him.

"Bravery. Integrity. Grace under pressure."

He rolled around, trying to get it. Causing other eggs to glow green, about to hatch.

"And above all"

Ralph fumbles into one of the escape pods, activating it.

"Dignity."

The escape pod activities as Ralph continues trying to pry the Cy-Bug off him. The escape pod starts to fly, and the people on the ground notice this, causing them to stop running as they see the escape pod flying around.

The escape pod flies straight for them, and the soldiers move out the way. Y/n felt someone grab her wrist and pull her out of the pod's way before she could get hurt. She met a firm surface and was expecting her brother but saw it was Calhoun.

Her face warmed up as Calhoun and Felix were looking at the pod. There they see Ralph and the Cy-Bug flying away.

"Ralph," Felix called out.

"Cy-Bug," Calhoun said, horrified by what could happen.

The pod continues to fly until it arrives at Game Central Station. Surge protector and the gamer characters are shocked to see the pod flying around. Bouncing off the walls. Just flying like a crazy person. The pod eventually found its way into one of the game gates and flew into a brand new game.