[13] Unanticipated Danger

"Would you look at that, (Y/n)'s here. Slept well?"

You closed the door behind you and looked at Cecil. "I mean, more sleep would be great, but I can't really refuse free breakfast."

One may ask: (Y/n), what are you doing inside the cafeteria authorised only to SF members? Well, it's a simple story. You woke up due to a knock on your door very early in the morning. You ignored it because you wanted sleep. You heard Caleb's voice, you still ignored it because you wanted sleep. He didn't leave, you mentally sobbed because you wanted sleep. And eventually, you gave in and opened the door and Caleb almost dragged you out in your pyjamas with no context.

"Why do you need me so early in the morning?"

Caleb smiled cheerfully. "Breakfast! C'mon, the food will get cold."

At the sound of breakfast from a character you knew could cook well, you were suddenly wide awake and frantically rushed to get ready. And now you are here, standing in front of a table filled with an abundance of dishes that puts five-star restaurants to shame.

"You guys could've started without me," you said. "I feel bad about being the last one to arrive."

"That'd be impolite," Elias said, currently making some coffee. You didn't want to question how many cups he already had.

The cafeteria for SF members and the one for the other AEI members were relatively the same in terms of design and space. The main difference was that the kitchen was open for the SF members to use as they pleased and food was only cooked for them by the chefs if requested prior. Work hours for SF members were inconsistent so scheduled meal times would be difficult.

Caleb sat down next to Amias. "Miss support, come over here and sit with me!"

You shrugged and did as he said, the seat being right across Cecil's. Elias sat down next to Cecil, and Caleb made a face at his black coffee. You could envision Elias flipping Caleb off as he elegantly took a sip of his drink.

"Caleb, did you cook all of this by yourself?" Amias asked.

"Of course~ Who else cooks dishes that look this good?"

Cecil raised an eyebrow. "You're telling me that you woke up early to cook all of this and you also made something other than pastries? I'm slowly doubting if you're really Caleb."

"Hey! I can be flexible in my schedule, too. And there's nothing I can't cook. I'm just that amazing."

You just kept eating as everyone talked. I hope they don't include me in their conversation.

"Right, miss support?"

Dammit. You swallowed your food. "Why are you asking me that?"

"No reason, just wanted to hear you talk." Caleb cut up the food for you and held up a spoonful. "Miss support, say ah––"

You went in and chomped on the fork before he finished his sentence. Cecil almost choked on his food and stifled his laughter whilst Elias did his best to ignore the scene in front of him.

"Caleb, are you not eating?" Amias asked.

"I already ate." Caleb shrugged. "Plus, I'm not particularly fond of eating my own cooking."

Elias sighed. "Please don't tell me you ate sweets for breakfast."

"Ah-hah! That's where you're wrong. I had bread."

"Pastries."

"But they're technically bread."

The brunette rolled his eyes. He unzipped his bag and threw a lunchbox at Caleb. "I figured you'd be stubborn."