[21] Ghost Talk

"Why am I always the one getting bossed around?" Copper childishly huffed and pointed an accusatory finger at the ash blonde twins. "Get Alec and Sam to do something!"

Ah yes, dealing with children. This was exactly what you expected to do in the second phase of the SF trial.

"But you're best suited for this job," you said.

"Really?"

Ah-hah. Got em. "Of course! Who else can manipulate shadows like that. Honestly, your abilities are way better than the SF candidates."

The child looked away bashfully, albeit still had his eyebrows adorably furrowed. "Obviously..."

The apparition twins looked at each other before running over to your side. The sister on your right tugging your sleeve and the brother on your left doing the same, they looked up at you with darling clockwork eyes and asked,

"Big sister, what about us?"

"Are our abilities better, too?"

Alastor groaned. "Can we just get a move on?"

You sighed wearily. Alastor, as impatient as ever. "Yup, just give me a second. Copper, can you draw up the map?"

To sum things up, you called out for Copper to use his abilities. However, you somehow ended up having the ash blonde twins and Alastor come along as well. Thinking the more the merrier, you just accepted their company.

Copper's ability was the manipulation of shadows––and it was an extremely flexible ability. Before the banquet, you found out that he could draw images with his ability using existing shadows. This was perfect for you. Here's the thing, you needed a way to navigate the area outside the city. The original plan was to access the map on the digital device, which would've been fine but the small screen was inconvenient. Figuring that it wouldn't hurt, you asked Copper to use his ability to replicate the map.

Alastor appeared beside you. "How do you even use that map? It's so vague."

Sam looked at the map in awe, peering over and almost falling in the process. Her brother pulled her back in time. Well, it wasn't like a fall would physical hurt her, but the gesture was sweet.

"Maybe Copper drew it wrong?" Sam asked.

"Hey, I did it right!"

You nodded. "Yeah, the maps aren't that great if you're looking for detail. It gives away key locations and acts as a general layout. Using this to find your way back is not the most reliable." You smiled. "Well, that only applies to someone who hasn't been outside the city before."

Alastor gave you a curious look. "And you're saying you have? I doubt I'm wrong, but no one goes outside the city, like––ever. Sometimes the specialty force people would, though."

Of course, playing Anomalous allowed you to have a pretty good grasp on how to navigate the place outside the city. After all, there was a whole arc dedicated to that. Though, what you didn't have that Amias did was a detailed map readily available. The player would unlock it and could explore to their heart's content. It was a game feature that would be wonderful to have right now. But you could rely on your knowledge to fill in some of the gaps the map by the AEI couldn't provide.

"Let's just say I technically have," you responded to Alastor's comment.

There was no need to be discreet with your knowledge around Alastor unlike with the other characters. The dude had access to your memories and saw that you had died. Though, he doesn't seem to know that this world is a game. Otherwise, he would've brought it up by now.