chapter 5

You took a deep breath, smoothing down your gown and pulling your satin black gloves up to your elbows. You did a little twist, ogling yourself in the mirror. Your hair fell in loose, beautiful waves from your scalp, framing your devilish features.

It was the day of the Post-Extermination Day Ball, and you were already running a little late. You procrastinated getting all of your victims out of the dungeons and found yourself taking a little too long to get ready. By the time you had just finished your makeup, not even fully clothed, Lucifer was already accepting guests into the palace.

Luckily, your bedroom was on the third floor, where no guest was allowed to linger. The ballroom and the rest of the palace was open to the guests, of course, even the second floor, but it was sort of an unspoken rule to not go very far from the ballroom. In this case, the third floor was quite the distance from the ballroom on the first floor.

You could still hear people laughing and conversing amongst each other regardless, along with champagne glasses clinking together. The ball usually began with an hour or so dedicated to honored guests arriving and settling in, then Lucifer giving a brief speech to welcome all, and an hour dedicated to chatting and sampling the thousands of delicious food options catered on a long table in the ballroom hall.

You were in the chatting-hour now. You usually stood by Lucifer's side as he gave his speech, to pretty much remind everyone of your existence (not that you needed to, to be honest, considering you were probably the most feared being in Hell, even more so than the King himself), but this year, you were severely lacking behind.

You sighed. You didn't have much time. You beheld your dress again, checking for any signs of dust or dishevelment. It looked flawless, of course, with regal rose designs and bursting with luxurious colors, black and pink to be more specific (your signatures). It was simple compared to the type of dresses you usually wore for the ball, but it would do. Everything was sort of last minute this year, anyhow.

[A/N] - here's a little visual for those who struggle to imagine the dress lol. if u don't want it to look like this you can imagine it in any color you wish! also, side note, i know i say that your hair is pink and you have certain features and such in this book, but remember — YOU CAN IMAGINE YOURSELF HOWEVER YOU WISH. the physical features are just characteristic attributes i chose for YN that i think would fit well with the hazbin hotel aesthetic:) anyway i'll shut up now so y'all can keep reading haha.

 the physical features are just characteristic attributes i chose for YN that i think would fit well with the hazbin hotel aesthetic:) anyway i'll shut up now so y'all can keep reading haha

You brushed a strand of hair behind your ear, staring into your own midnight eyes. Okay. Let's go, [Y/N]. Just because you're a little late doesn't mean people will notice.

Everybody noticed.

When you entered the ballroom descending the stairs, everyone's eyes locked onto you. The band in the corner even faltered for a moment, the pianist hitting the wrong note, his face falling, the cellist freezing up for a sec.