❀ Interviews With Ambys Top Picks II [AuthorCassidyKate]

Coming up next to have a chat and dive down the writing lane is AuthorCassidyKate from The Detective And Her Bachelor

❀❀❀

What's the story behind your Wattpad Username, if any?

I wanted to pick a pen name that felt full of light, joy, and positivity. Cassidy Kate just felt right for a Rom-Com/ Thriller writer.

What led you to Wattpad initially? Did you join to read or write?

I joined Wattpad to write! I had filled countless journals with handwritten stories and realized that I had never had anyone to read them. So I began writing on Wattpad to see what would happen. And it has honestly become my home away from home!

How long have you been writing?

Hmmm... I've been writing since I was about ten years old. My sisters asked me to tell them stories to pass the time on long road trips. I made them up as I went, and loved creating worlds so much, that I started to write them down.

Do you like to write the same genres you read? What are your favorite genres?

I love to read almost everything, and I love to write almost everything. So I guess you could say I read and write in the same genres.

It's so HARD to pick one genre as a favorite! I am a sucker for fantasy, post-apocalyptic, sci-fi, mystery, comedy, and romance. I write romance with thriller vibes on Wattpad, and I write a lot of the other genres off the platform. (I just haven't posted them or published them yet.)

Besides reading and/or writing, do you have any other hobbies?

Yes! I love to collect swords, play video games—stay out of my way in 'Super Smash Bros,' I am very competitive— binge-watch classic sitcoms, and many different movies like Alfred Hitchcock and Miyazaki.

What does your writing environment look like?

My writer's environment has salty snacks, an iced coffee, and a couch with a television show playing in the background. I love noise while I work. Not only does it drown out doubts, but it also helps me get the "vibe" of the scene.

Where, or in what do you find inspiration for new stories?

I find inspiration everywhere! From conversations that strangers have as they walk past, someone's sense of style, to a song that evokes an emotion. I tend to have the opposite of writer's block. I just can't switch off the ideas!

Tell us about your current work in progress, or about an upcoming project? Any sneak peek into your latest story =)

The one I am currently updating on Wattpad is called "The Secretary and Her Boss." It has "HITCH" meets "WHATS WRONG WITH SECRETARY KIM" vibes. Lily Autumns is madly in love with her boss, and when someone at work finds out, they are determined to give her a makeover to help her win him over. But instead of it being a physical makeover, they give her a "confidence" makeover to make her brave enough to shoot her shot.