❀ Interviews With Ambys Top Picks III [SueLou66]

We continue our interviews with SueLou66 from First Love, Forever Love. She shares her story and experience.

❀❀❀

❀❀❀

What's the story behind your Wattpad Username, if any?

It's a combination of my first and middle and my favorite number is 6.

What led you to Wattpad initially? Did you join to read or write?

I was previously on another writing app, and some of my fellow writers were moving to Wattpad. I joined but didn't do much with it at first, but after some time I decided to move some of my stories over. I liked the freedom of Wattpad and began writing all of my stories on it. I'm also an avid reader and have found many stories and authors that I now follow. The cool thing is that many of my readers followed me here.

How long have you been writing?

I started writing about 10 years ago, **cough, in my late 40s, cough**, when I wrote my first story for a contest. The story was loosely based on my husband's and my love story. It was originally titled "High School Sweethearts." This past year, I edited it for Wattpad and renamed it "First Love, Forever Love," and it won a 2024 Amby Top Pick award in the Teen Fiction novella category.

Do you like to write the same genres you read? What are your favorite genres?

I enjoy reading romance and murder mystery stories and have written several myself in those genres. Mostly I write murder mysteries, but I always add a little romance to them.

Besides reading and/or writing, do you have any other hobbies?

In addition to reading and writing, my hobbies include golfing, jigsaw puzzles, and walking/hiking.

What does your writing environment look like?

My writing environment is usually sitting on my sofa while my husband watches something that doesn't interest me on TV. I'll also write on my patio on a beautiful day or alone in the house on my sofa in the quiet.

Where, or in what do you find inspiration for new stories?

I've gotten inspiration from my life situations, song lyrics, trips I've taken, and my friends saying, "You should write a story about this."

Tell us about your current work in progress, or an upcoming project? Any sneak peek into your latest story =)

I'm currently writing a story for the Open Novella Contest called "Jamaican Heat." It's about a man left at the altar on his wedding day and went alone on his honeymoon to Jamaica, where he found love with his hotel maid.