5

xxx

"'A' sent this letter to our mom." Cassandra pouted, resting her head on her sister's shoulder, rereading the paper as if it'd magically disappear, unfortunately, it won't. "You know it's not your fault, right? It's your dad's mistake." Emily reassured, giving the siblings a concerned frown.

"Totally." Spencer agreed.

"No, it is our fault." Aria denied, playing with Cassandra's dark, brown hair with the pad of her thumb and pointer finger. "No, you did not hook up with her and then ask your children to cover for you." Spencer disagreed, pouring extra cream and sugar into Cassandra's coffee, knowing how she liked it.

"Ali said we should have told our mom right after it happened." Cassandra explained, standing up and grabbing the mug Spencer held out for her. She muttered a small 'thank you' and sipped lightly, enjoying the bitter-sweet flavor that hit the back of her throat. She made her way back towards the couch with her sister. 

"Ali? Alison knew?"

"Yeah, she was with us." Cassandra confirmed. "So, Alison saw this Meredith person?" Spencer asked and Hanna whipped her head around. "Meredith? Her name is Meredith? Ew. That's not even a cute girl name. I'm seeing big pores and mousy roots."

"Hanna, I think it's a little too soon to joke." Spencer whispered, reprimanding the girl and her problem with not thinking before she speaks. "I'm sorry, but if you're gonna cheat you might as well do it with someone who deep conditions her hair occasionally." Hanna foe-apologized with no remorse. Whoever messed with her friends didn't deserve to be treated nicely.

Spencer rolled her eyes and took a plate, placing a bagel on it and handing it to the blonde, "Here, put something in your mouth besides your foot." The Marin daughter turned around and faced the Montgomery girls on the couch, "I'm sorry. Okay? Look, all I'm saying is that when my dad left laughing sometimes helped. So did crying." she said, genuinely meaning her apology this time and mainly staring at Cassandra. 

The sisters looked at one another before sitting up straighter. "Our father hasn't left, guys," Cassandra sighed and got up, Aria following suit. "I mean, this happened over a year ago." she stated, tossing the paper in the garbage. Her friends avoided their eyes and said nothing. 

"You think he's gonna leave?" Cassandra accused, putting her hands behind her back and picking at the dark blue acrylics. Emily was the first one to speak up, "Look, whatever happens, we're here for both of you." 

Cassandra frowned and thought about her father walking out on them. Sure, she didn't relate to him and share the same interests with him like Aria and Mike, but he was her dad and she still loved him. Before he had the affair and even after. He messed up and she understood that. Did it ease the pain? Hell no, but he's human. Everyone makes mistakes and his just so happened to be a bigger one.

She just hoped for her sake that he wouldn't leave them. 

Spencer seemed to notice the discomfort the brunette was feeling and switched the topic. "Thank you, guys, for staying here. I couldn't have been here alone." she shook her head at the image of being home alone. Someone could have walked right through her back door again and hurt her. 

"When's your family getting back?" Hanna asked. 

"This afternoon." Spencer replied, drinking from her white mug. "Weren't you gonna clean off the mirror before they get here?" Aria said. Spencer looked away from the stairs and bit her lip softly. "Want me to come with?" Emily offered, and the Hastings nodded immediately. "We should all go." Aria added, the girls getting up. 

𝐒𝐈𝐋𝐕𝐄𝐑 𝐒𝐏𝐑𝐈𝐍𝐆𝐒 | h. marinजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें