6

warning: shitty men who throw temper tantrums and can't keep their hands to themselves.

xxx

"Hey." Aria grumbled, reaching to put her headphones back in her ear before Spencer yanked them away. "What are you doing?"

"An intervention," Cassandra answered, "We brought takeout and rag mags."

"But you cannot have any of those until you get out of these sweats." Hanna ordered, slamming her hands on Aria's sweatpants lightly. "Why, what's wrong with these?"

Cassandra shook her head, "Nothing. Except they're starting to graft to your skin." she placed her hands on her hips and looked down at her sister with a frown. "But they are comfy!" she whined, reluctantly sitting up. "Yeah, so are mom jeans and platform flipflops." Hanna added with a smirk and head shake. 

"Plus, how are we gonna help you choose a homecoming dress if you don't try some on for us?" Emily stated, pulling down the blanket that Aria tried to lift back up. "Oh, that's easy. I'm not going." Aria shrugged. 

"What do you mean you're not going?" Hanna questioned. "Yeah, you can't just not go, what are you doing instead?" Spencer shook her head. 

"I don't know, I'll just read these and then inhale a gallon of chunky monkey." she sighed, lifting up the magazine before plopping it back down on the bed. "Hey, look, cutting yourself off from the rest of your life is not going to help your parents. And besides it might work out." Spencer said, trying to be supportive. 

"They're not speaking." Aria deadpanned. 

"People get angry, they blow up. Doesn't mean it's over." Emily explained. "Emily, they didn't blow up over her dad missing their anniversary. He slept with one of his students." When she noticed Aria and Cassandra on the verge of tears, she rubbed Cassandra's back and muttered, "Sorry."

"I'm just saying things can look over on Friday and by Monday all is forgiven. Some things just take time." Emily repeated. "Yeah, maybe." 

"Okay, so you're coming!" Spencer shouted excitedly, taking Aria's legs and pulling them to the edge of her bed, "Come on!"

Aria laughed quietly and got up, "I'll think about it."

Hanna stopped rubbing Cassandra's back to stand up, ignoring the subtle whine that left Cassandra's throat. The brunette glared at Hanna and the blonde gave her a grin and kissed her cheek, secretly enjoying the blush that spread across Cassandra's face. "Well, if you're not coming can you at least cast an absentee ballot?" Hanna spoke, "What! I need a vote!" she yelled when her friends gave her a dirty look. 

"Hanna, stop already. You've got homecoming queen locked down." Cassandra reassured her friend. "Really? You can rig the election?" the Marin daughter smirked down at the brunette.  "Sorry, I have enough to do already, thanks. Spencer forced me to join head of the committee." she watched Spencer with a pout, who in return blew a kiss and pulled up one of Aria's chairs in her room to eat. 

"Half of which is out sick with the flu. So, we'll be restocking the ice and refilling the hummus bowl. And trying to look cute for my first official date." Spencer explained their plans, Cassandra nodding in confirmation. "You hear all this stuff she's making me do?" she groaned and threw her head in the blonde's lap. Hanna smiled and her dimples popped out, making Cassandra reach up and poke them. 

"Hey!" Hanna yelled, playfully shoving Cassandra off of her. The brunette landed headfirst on the ground and laid there. "Ow." she mumbled, staying in her position while her friends laughed at her antics. "Anyway, are you bringing Alex?" Emily asked, in which Spencer gave her a thumbs up.