xxx

Cassandra continued to write her work down, attempting to drown out Hanna's constant complaining, which didn't work. 

"It's insane. How many words do they expect you to learn in one night?" she scoffed, and Aria held up a flash card to Cassandra. "Stringent." 

"Uh, tough. Inflexible." she guessed, smiling proudly to herself when she got it right. "It's not like you're going to use any of them." Hanna grumbled, another sentence of protest leaving her mouth. 

"Meretricious."

"It's not like you go to college and you just start speaking a completely different language." Hanna carried on. "Meretricious, um, phony, flashy?" Spencer answered, letting out a relieved sigh when Aria nodded. 

"Oh, Hanna, why are you still eating that?" Aria asked, looking at the dried-up farfalle pasta shape with a hint of spinach on it. "'Cause it's here." Hanna shrugged, popping it in her mouth. "Put it in the garbage." Spencer suggested. 

"Well, then I'd have to stand over the garbage and eat it." Hanna stated matter-of-factly. 

"Besotted."

"To dislike or hate?" Cassandra tried and frowned when she failed miserably. "It's the total opposite, enamored and in love with." Spencer corrected her. 

Hanna set her pencil down. "So, what did Noel say to you when he asked to speak with you alone?" Spencer interrupted her, "Hello. We're taking the SATs in less than 12 hours. Can we focus?"

"You do not need to know any more big words! You're already scary enough to anyone under 50." Hanna said with a giggle. "I'm not scary! Am I scary?" Spencer whined, "A little" Aria replied. 

"I'm not scared of you, Spence-a-Roo." Cassandra taunted, knowing how much the smart girl hated that nickname. "I already told you to stop calling me that!" she shouted, glaring at the taller Montgomery with frustration. 

"Never." Cassandra smirked and got in Spencer's face. "One day, I'll get my revenge." The Hasting's said. 

"Is that a threat?" The blue-eyed girl teased. 

"No, a promise." 

Cassandra laughed, slapping Spencer playfully that she couldn't help when something was funny. Spencer hissed and grabbed Cassandra and held her in place. "I will make you drink the black coffee that's sitting out next to the counter." Spencer threatened, humming contently when Cassandra froze up. 

"No! I'm sorry!" she yelped, "I'd rather drink dirty swamp water than that coffee."

Spencer sniggered and let go of the brunette who immediately went back to her work. "Maybe she is somewhat scary." she mumbled. Aria and Hanna giggled at the two's banter. 

"Moving on, Noel gave you a big ol' hug, Cass. He definitely did not want to let go." Hanna pointed out. "Yeah, he apologized for the bruise, and he told me he kept thinking about me while I was away in Iceland... he also admitted to moaning my name while having sex with another girl? Kind of weird, but sweet I guess." 

"Talking about not wanting to let things go. He's always been obsessed with you, looks like that will never change." Spencer noted. 

"Scratch and sniff." Hanna muttered and Spencer's eyebrows raised as her mouth flew open, "Wow, maybe you should just eat over the garbage."

Aria giggled and moved behind the only blonde to grab a water bottle. 

"I'm trying to help a friend out here." Even though it hurts for some reason. "We don't all have smoking hot ball boys from the country club."