69: 𝑆𝑝𝑖𝑐𝑦 𝑁𝑜𝑠𝑡𝑎𝑙𝑔𝑖𝑎

.

.

.

.

"You're joking right?" Sero asked. He was the first to talk, the rest of the class were all absolutely bamboozled.

"Why do they always ask that?" Kira said with a frown.

"No way. Wrong! She is not."

"No fucking way, like actually. What the fuck?! Wait that actually makes sense."

"Always say that? You mean I wasn't the first person to say that?"

"AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH."

"Does that mean- OH FUCK YOU KNOW?! I'm sorry for listening to you and Bakugou's conversations and for sometimes spying on you- WELL NOT SPYING! Just uh... Watching you when you're not looking! It was a harmless crush!! I'M SORRYYYYYYY."

"Haha- HOLY FUCK YOU CAN HEAR ME?!"

"Not true. Impossible. I'll believe it when I see it."

"Write that down write that down- OH NO YOU KNOW ABOUT MY WATTPAD ACCOUNT AND THE FICS DON'T YOU?!"

"Santa vaca! De ninguna manera!!"

"Ribbit? That's a cool quirk. Ribbit. What's all the fuss about?"

"So you can hear this?! Like right now what I'm thinking?"

"AHH NO ALL OF MY SECRETSSSS."

"That's impossible. All Might told me she was quirkless. A quirk like that... It IS insanely powerful. Wow that's actually kinda cool, maybe I will start taking notes on her. Hey I wonder if Kacchan- OH GOD SHE CAN HEAR ALL OF MY THOUGHTS ABOUT KACCHAN!!!"

"Wow..." Kira said looking down. "That was a lot." She mumbled. "Listen I know it's going to be hard for some of you, but I'm not here to listen and tell people your secrets. Believe me when I say i'd rather not know half of them. But Nezu chose me for the hero course because he thought we could help each other. That he could protect me and I could help predict and prevent any more attacks. I discovered the USJ plot about a day before it happened. Unfortunately I didn't take action until the morning of it."

"How would you know about that?!" Uraraka asked in surprise. "She'd have to be around villains right?!"

"It turned out I lived right next to the former residence of Tomura Shigaraki. And he liked stayed up until three am plotting about how he was going to take over the world." Kris explained.

"But why Kira?! I mean this is... This is a big thing to hide." Iida asked, still in shock. Still not quite believing her.

"A quirk is a major part of you identity Kira." Kirishima said with a frown. "That can't be good for someone's mental health."

"Do you guys remember the lesson we had a few weeks ago?" Kira asked. Nodding at Aizawa. "About quirk trafficking? Aizawa told us a story about a kid he had found in one of those situations. A mind-reader."

It clicked immediately for them. At least most of them.

"That was me. A little over eight years ago I was visiting my quirk therapist. My abilities were steadily getting stronger and stronger. When I was young I could only hear someone's thoughts if I was making contact with their skin." Kira looked at her left hand. The hand that had been strapped to several bodies as men and women were beaten for information.
"But through only a few weeks of therapy my range started to expand. Since my quirk was so weak then I didn't see it coming. One day my mom left me there to get a few groceries. Next thing I knew I was in a cage in the back of a truck going God knows where."