Leo

The grand tour is actually pretty grand.

After we pick up Calypso and Apollo from the mess hall, where Calli proudly explains that she managed to enchant her own plates, cups, and bowls, she takes us through the floors.

The third floor, where the MedBay is, is like the dorms. Demigods share rooms, three or four in each, with a small little rec-room that looks suspiciously like the rec-room in the Big House.

Hanging on the wall is a whiteboard with the days of the week outlined in bright colors. Under each day is the camp's schedule, with events like "sunrise volleyball," "archery practice," "Greek and Roman history," and my personal favorite, "basics of mechanics."

On the fourth floor is the mess hall, along with a small pottery studio, where a kid is sculpting a life-sized statue of Neptune, which looks eerily like the statue that shot golden cords at us in Bologna.

The fifth floor has an archery range, which Apollo gets really excited about. The sixth and seventh floors are both combat arenas, with racks full of various weapons.

The eighth floor has a metal shop with a small forge, though it's nothing compared to the forges at Camp Half-Blood. Still, impressive.

The ninth floor seems to be made up of a series of classrooms, and the tenth has what looks suspiciously like a dance studio.

The eleventh floor is the most intriguing. It's a massive command station with monitors displaying maps and camera angles. The beeping we'd heard on the radio broadcasts from here, all across Miami. Demigods or satyrs click their clicker, reporting monsters, responding to messages, or any other necessary communication. Calli explains that this is how they've managed to clear out all the monsters. She has satyrs stationed all across the city as watchers. They live normal lives in apartments she pays for (I still don't understand how, and I can't bring myself to ask again), and when they spot a monster, they report it in. If they're caught, they have shields they can activate to protect themselves, like we saw the one satyr do earlier. It's incredibly organized and impressive, and it was all Calli's idea.

Finally, the elevators open up to the final floor, and we all collectively gasp. The ceiling is made of glass, and every inch of the place seems to be covered in plants. A small path cuts through the greenery, but it looks impossible for anyone who isn't Calli-and-Leo-sized to make their way through.

"This is my favorite floor." Calli tells us, taking a deep breath.

"It's gorgeous." Calypso agrees. She walks over to one of the gardening beds, which is overflowing with bundles of green leaves. "Turnips. And carrots. And over here-" She walks to the next planter. "Potatoes, blueberries, lots of strawberries."

"Yeah." Calli smiles to herself as she looks around the place. "I had to get a special zoning permit for this, but it was so worth it."

Apollo glances at her, a glimmer in his eyes. "Marc was telling me a bit about how you afforded this place."

"Yeah?" She asks, glaring at him. Her expression is evident: Drop it.

Apollo gets the message and shuts up.

Once we're back on the fourth floor, Calypso, Apollo, and Calli sit with me at a table while I eat. Tacos, of course. Calli doesn't seem hungry, though a glass of red wine materializes in front of her, which Calypso frowns at.

"So," Calli laces her fingers together thoughtfully, like she did when she was about to lay out our next plan on the Argo II. "You guys want me to join you on this quest to... what? Find the Oracles or something?"

Apollo nods. "Basically, yeah. You see, these ancient Roman emperors are still alive, acting as sort-of gods. They're running a triumvirate, which is-"

"Three rulers." Calli nods. "I know."