HOMECOMING

[  saw some comments complaining about Laiken that were totally valid. she's not a perfect person. she's a salvatore and that means she's flawed and selfish and problematic at times so I'm not defending her to y'all  ]

☽︎

GOD-FUCKING-DAMNIT.

LAIKEN AND ENZO WERE BEING COMPLETELY SILENT, listening intently from upstairs

LAIKEN AND ENZO WERE BEING COMPLETELY SILENT, listening intently from upstairs. A lot had happened in just a few weeks. With Klaus out of town, Rebekah moved into the Boarding House and was tormenting everyone. A humanity-less Stefan was stalking Elena and Laiken to keep them safe. And Tyler lost his free will — a sire bond formed between him and Klaus.

But most importantly, Klaus' father was in town to kill the hybrid thanks to Stefan and Damon waking him up despite Rebekah's warnings. Of course, everyone kept this from Laiken, but his arrival had been one of the visions she saw when she was sixteen, so she was prepared.

No way was she letting them kill her soulmate.

"Portland is fantastic," Klaus said as Stefan called him, having it on speaker so that Elena could hear. "Once you get over all the whiny music and healthy-looking people, it is literally a breeding ground for werewolves."

"Your father is dead," he said flatly.

Klaus paused. "What did you say to me?"

"Oh, my mistake. Not your actual father and not dead." Laiken clenched her fist angrily as he made a dig about Klaus being someone else's child. "Mikael. Daggered. What do you want me to do with the body?"

"Well, first I want you to explain to me exactly what happened."

Of course, Elena had daggered Mikael, who let her do so. Stefan couldn't lie to Klaus, so they had to be very specific with their wording and actions.

"I wanna see him. I want to see his rotting body for myself," Klaus said vengefully.

"Well, he is here. Come by whenever," Stefan said, sounding as if he didn't care.

"If you are lying to me Stefan, your compulsion will expose you. So, answer with your life: Is what you are saying the truth?"

"It's true. I saw it with my own eyes," he said flatly.

"I wanna talk to Rebekah," Klaus demanded.

"That's not a problem. She is right here."

Laiken frowned as he handed the phone to Rebekah. They'd been getting along quite well since Rebekah came to Mystic Falls. She'd even go as far as to call them best friends, which meant a lot to her. But here she was, trying to kill her soulmate — and potentially Laiken.

"Hello, Nik."

"Rebekah, love. What's this I hear about Mikael's tragic run-in with the dagger?"

"It's true. He's finally out of our lives for good. I miss you. I'm miserable here," she muttered.