THE BALL

[ SMUT WARNING : don't want it? don't read it. also, it's kind of just half a smut scene bc I didn't feel like doing the whole thing ]

☽︎

I LOVE YOU.

REBEKAH HAD CERTAINLY OUTDONE HERSELF when picking out Laiken's dress for the ball

REBEKAH HAD CERTAINLY OUTDONE HERSELF when picking out Laiken's dress for the ball. It was a satin, dark scarlet ball gown that hugged her tightly up top before the skirt flared out. The vampire let Laiken do their makeup, still learning how the modern style worked. And just before seven hit, there was a knock at the door.

Since Rebekah was putting her earrings in, Laiken was the one to answer it. And she smiled when she saw Finn on the other side, looking very handsome in a suit. His perfect features lit up when he saw her, thinking she looked amazing.

"You look radiant, ástin mín," he murmured, taking her hand and kissing her knuckles. She blushed at the contact and she fucking hated it — she was the one meant to make them blush. "May I escort you downstairs?"

She peered at him playfully. "How'd you win the honor of doing so? I'm picturing a big fight."

He smirked and it looked so handsome on him. "I pulled the nine-hundred years in a box card."

At that, Laiken's smile fell the slightest bit. Then she pulled Finn close by his hand. "You're never going back there," she promised, both knowing it was true because she'd rendered the daggers useless.

"I know," he said even if he didn't quite believe it. Every time he closed his eyes, he was back in that wretched coffin. But opening them again to see Laiken certainly helped keep the darkness at bay. "Now, come."

Laiken couldn't help but grin wickedly. "Why Finn, we've not even had a first date."

Now Finn was the one to blush, his eyes noticeably darkening as he thought of the implications. But whatever his retort was, they'd never know, because Rebekah was interrupting.

"Vomit," she snapped before pushing Laiken and Finn out of the doorway. "Not in my room. And Finn, have some decorum. One of you must if she's to act so vulgar."

"It's the twenty-first century, Bekah," Laiken said teasingly. "I can want sex just as much as they do."

"Says the virgin," she said, rolling her eyes. Neither looked to Finn, who was looking quite flustered now. This topic was far from appropriate at the time he was last walking the earth. "Which, I'm surprised Enzo hasn't taken care of that."

Laiken just smiled and shook her head. No, she and Enzo hadn't slept together and consummated the mate bond. After all, she'd been only sixteen when they met and seventeen when they first kissed. He was a gentleman who took things slow, and though Laiken was ready, they hadn't really had the time with all the supernatural drama keeping them busy.