Chapter 1: Stanford

Stanford University, Harlow and Conrad's dream school.

Specifically Harlows.

She had just arrived, opening the door to her room, her parents and little sister stood behind her. "I can't believe I have to live so small.." Harlow mumbles. She walks into the dorm seeing a girl already settled in on the right side of the room. "Oh hey you must be Harlow, my new roommate." The girl says.

Harlow flashes a smile. She wasn't much of a friendly person, but when she wants to be, she will. She was used to her big mansion a couple hours away from Stanford, her huge room, and being Spoiled. "This is..nice." Dakota says, with a hint of sarcasm, Harlows sister. "This is your dream school Har! Enjoy it!" Her Father, Daniel spoke.

HARLOWS POV:

I looked around the room, placing my stuff on the empty bed. "Mom, is there really no availability for a huge room..to myself?" I whisper to her. I hear her chuckle, "you'll be fine Harlow. This is your college life at your dream school! You're going to have an amazing time." My mom says with a smile, placing both her hands on my shoulders.

"I'm gonna miss you kiddo." My father, Daniel, says, hugging me tightly. I smiled returning the hug, taking in a deep breath.

"Yeah roomie, you'll be great." I hear the girl say from across the room. She had nice light hazel eyes, the first thing I noticed about her. Her hair color shined and matched her perfectly. She had an amazing smile, her white teeth showing out. The way she sat on the bed, with a book on her hand, showing her nice and slim body. She had a dark green crop top on, and white shorts, her hair in a white claw clip.

The girls side of the room matched her perfectly.

I turned back to my family, as they helped put box's and bags down on my side of the room

I turned back to my family, as they helped put box's and bags down on my side of the room. I then go over to my little sister, Dakota. "Kota..what will you do without me?" I say with a hint of sarcasm, lightly laughing as I pulled her in for a hug. She laughed lightly and returned the hug. "All seriousness, I'm gonna miss having you around Harlow." She said, smiling.

I took a deep breath, trying not to cry. "Alright, I think that's all the box's." My mom says, as she placed one more box on the floor. We all got into a hug, as I hugged them tightly. "I'll see you guys, Christmas break, then after that, spring break." I smiled.

"Just come see us when you can kiddo. I parked your car in the student parking." Dad says. I nod.

We said our last goodbyes, as they finally walked down the hallway, into the elevator that would lead them downstairs. I walked back into the room, sitting on the empty bed that I soon needed to decorate. I'm gonna be here for awhile.

"Aww your family seems so nice." The girl says from across the room, closing her book. I looked to her. "I'm Jackie by the way. Jackie Reggins." She said as she stood up, sitting next to me and putting a hand out to shake. I furrowed my brows, as I slowly shook her hand. Didn't know they did that over here in Stanford.