chapter 4: Jason is missing

As Kiba's sigh filled the clubroom, Issei's smirk widened, his arrogance palpable as he leaned back in his chair, seemingly unfazed by Kiba's accusation.

Kiba:Why did you do it?

he echoed, his voice dripping with mock innocence.

Issei:Because I can, Kiba. Simple as that.

The words hung in the air like a dark cloud, casting a shadow over the room as Kiba's expression darkened with disbelief.

Kiba:You took it too far

he muttered, his voice tinged with a mixture of frustration and anger.

Kiba:Jason may not have been the strongest, but he didn't deserve to be treated like that.

Issei's grin only widened at Kiba's words, his arrogance shining through as he shrugged indifferently.

Issei:Weaklings like him don't deserve beauties like Rias and Akeno

he declared, his tone dismissive as he waved off Kiba's concerns with a flick of his wrist.

But as Kiba's gaze hardened with resolve, it was clear that he was not about to let Issei off the hook so easily.

Issei:It's not about strength, Issei

he countered, his voice firm with conviction.

Issei:It's about honor, respect, and decency. Something you seem to have forgotten in your pursuit of power.

The tension in the room was palpable as Kiba's words hung in the air, the weight of his accusation bearing down on Issei like a heavy burden. But instead of showing remorse or regret, Issei's expression remained unchanged, his arrogance undiminished as he stared Kiba down with a defiant glare.

In the corner of the room, Koneko watched the exchange with narrowed eyes, her gaze filled with disgust at Issei's callous disregard for his actions.

Koneko:You're nothing but a bully

she spat, her voice laced with contempt as she turned away from Issei in disgust.

As Rias and Akeno entered the room, their presence casting a pall over the already tense atmosphere, Kiba and Koneko's expressions hardened with disdain. They could scarcely believe what they were witnessing—two women they had once respected, now standing before them with the stench of betrayal hanging heavy in the air.

Kiba:Buchou, Akeno

Kiba began, his voice laced with disappointment and disbelief.

Kiba:Did you love Jason?

The question hung in the air like a heavy fog, the silence that followed deafening in its intensity. Kiba needed to know the truth, to understand why they had chosen to betray someone they claimed to care about.

Rias sighed heavily, her gaze falling to the floor as she struggled to find the words.

Rias:We had no choice

she admitted, her voice tinged with regret.

Rias:Issei and Damien felt like a better choice. Jason... he has no future.

Akeno's response echoed Rias's sentiments, her words a bitter pill to swallow.

Akeno:Jason was a nice person

she conceded, her voice tinged with sorrow.

Akeno:But he's just too weak

The words hit Kiba like a punch to the gut, the realization of their betrayal cutting him to the core. He had trusted Rias and Akeno, believed in their loyalty and devotion to their lover . But now, faced with their callous indifference, he couldn't help but feel a profound sense of disillusionment.