chapter 2: awakening pt 2

As I blinked my eyes open, the dim light filtering through the trees above, I was greeted by a voice echoing in the recesses of my mind.

"Host has finally woken up, took ya long enough,"

it chimed, its tone tinged with amusement.

Confusion clouded my thoughts as I struggled to make sense of the situation.

Me:You're the system?

I asked incredulously, my voice tinged with disbelief.

Me:What are you?

The voice chuckled softly, a ripple of amusement reverberating through my consciousness.

System:Haven't you heard of anything called solo levelling?

it replied, the words dripping with cryptic meaning.

Recognition dawned on me as the pieces fell into place.

Me:Oh, wait, that kind of system

I muttered, the realization washing over me like a wave crashing against the shore. Solo levelling—the concept of leveling up and growing stronger through individual effort and perseverance.

But even as I grappled with this newfound understanding, a flood of questions surged to the forefront of my mind.

Me:What does this mean? What am I supposed to do?

I asked, my voice tinged with uncertainty.

The system's response was cryptic, its words shrouded in mystery.

System:You'll find out soon enough

it replied, its tone enigmatic and inscrutable.

System:But for now, just focus on surviving.

With that, the voice faded into the background, leaving me alone in the forest once more, my thoughts swirling with confusion and apprehension. Solo levelling—I had heard of it before, but I never imagined that I would become a part of it.

As the system's revelation sank in, I felt a surge of disbelief and confusion wash over me.

Me:Where did you come from?

I asked, my voice trembling with uncertainty.

The system's response was chilling, its words sending a shiver down my spine.

System:The Omni Queen created me and placed me with you when you were born

it explained matter-of-factly.

System:Due to my fusion into your body, your quirk was destroyed in the process.

I was stunned, my mind reeling at the implications of what I had just learned.

Me:I had a quirk?

I whispered, the words barely audible as they escaped my lips.

The system snorted derisively, its tone filled with disdain.

System:Yes, your quirk could have been something as powerful as gravity manipulation

it revealed, its words echoing in the cavernous depths of my mind.

I felt as if the ground had been ripped out from beneath me, the revelation leaving me feeling utterly shattered and adrift. All my life, I had believed myself to be ordinary, without any special abilities or talents to set me apart from the rest of the world. But now, to learn that I had once possessed a quirk—a potential source of strength and power—only to have it taken away from me, was a blow that I struggled to comprehend.