chapter 1: awakening pt 1

Kaminari's question hung in the air, a reminder of the friendships I was about to leave behind. Izuku, Ruby, Shoto, Momo—they were more than just friends; they were my lifeline, my support system in a world that seemed determined to tear me apart.

I sighed heavily, feeling the weight of my decision pressing down on me like a leaden cloak. "Please," I pleaded with Kaminari,

Me:don't tell them I'm leaving. And I don't think I'm coming back. Tell them to forget about me.

It was a painful admission, one that tore at my heartstrings, but I knew it was for the best. They deserved better than to be burdened with the knowledge of my failure, of my shattered dreams.

A sad smile tugged at the corners of my lips as I turned away, the weight of my loneliness settling in around me like a suffocating embrace. Each step felt like a farewell, a silent goodbye to the life I had once imagined for myself.

As Froppy's embrace enveloped me, a pang of sorrow twisted in my chest.

Me:They're destined for greatness with or without me

I murmured, the words heavy with resignation. It was a bitter pill to swallow, knowing that my absence wouldn't dim their bright futures.

Froppy:I'll miss you too

Froppy whispered, her voice thick with emotion. Her sincerity only made the ache in my heart grow stronger, a reminder of the bonds I was leaving behind.

Kaminari and Jiroh joined in the embrace, their expressions mirroring the sadness in Froppy's eyes.

Kaminari:We'll miss you, man

Kaminari said, his voice choked with emotion.

Kaminari:you were always there for us, no matter what. We won't forget that.

Tears welled in my eyes as I looked at each of them, etching their faces into my memory. These were the friends who had stood by me through thick and thin, who had laughed with me and cried with me, who had shown me that even in the darkest of times, there was still light to be found.

Me:I'll never forget you

I whispered, the words barely audible over the lump in my throat.

Me:You'll always be a part of me, no matter where life takes us.

With one last lingering hug, I pulled away, forcing myself to turn and walk away. Each step felt like a dagger in my heart, a painful reminder of the choice I had made.

As Izuku, Shoto, Momo, and Ruby emerged from the crowd, a lump formed in my throat. Ruby's tear-streaked face as she hugged me tightly was like a dagger to my heart.

Ruby:How could Weiss and Blake do that?

she whispered, her voice trembling with emotion.

Ruby:I'm so sorry for everything.

I held her close, feeling her tears soak into my shirt as I struggled to find the words to comfort her.

Me:It's not your fault, Ruby

I murmured, my own voice thick with emotion.

Me:I never blamed you for what they did.

Momo stepped forward, her eyes red and swollen with tears.

Momo:Were you going to leave us without saying goodbye?

she asked, her voice trembling with hurt.

I shook my head, guilt washing over me like a tidal wave.