chapter 11: road to demon lord pt 1

As I woke to the gentle breathing of my adopted daughter, Anya, nestled against my chest, a soft smile tugged at my lips. Her presence brought a warmth to my heart that I cherished deeply. By my side, Fenris, my loyal giant demon wolf, lay peacefully, her white fur shimmering in the morning light filtering through the window.

"Papa," Anya murmured softly, her voice barely above a whisper, her small frame curled up against me. Her cat-like ears twitched slightly, a sign of contentment as she clutched onto my shirt.

I brushed her hair gently with my fingers, feeling a surge of affection for this precious girl who had become the center of my world.

Me:Good morning, sweetheart

I replied, my voice soft and filled with tenderness.

Me:Did you sleep well?

Anya nodded, her eyes still half-closed as she snuggled closer. "Mmm-hmm," she mumbled, her voice muffled against my chest.

Anya:I had a dream about flying with Fenris.

I chuckled softly, imagining the scene that must have played out in her dreams.

Me:That sounds like quite the adventure

I remarked, running a hand through her hair.

Me:Maybe one day, we'll take to the skies together.

Anya's eyes lit up with excitement at the thought, her imagination already soaring.

Anya:Can we, Papa? Can we really fly like that?

she asked eagerly, her curiosity bubbling over.

Fenris stirred beside us, her eyes opening briefly before she let out a contented sigh, clearly unbothered by the early morning chatter.

Me:We'll see, sweetheart

I replied with a reassuring smile, my heart swelling with affection for this spirited child who brought so much joy into my life.

Me:But first, let's start the day with breakfast. How about pancakes?

Anya's face lit up with delight at the mention of pancakes, her enthusiasm infectious.

Anya:Yes, please!

she exclaimed, her eyes sparkling with anticipation.

As Fenris transformed into her human form with a mischievous grin, her request for pancakes echoed in the room. Anya giggled, her eyes sparkling with amusement at the sight of Fenris standing before us in her human guise.

Fenris:I WANT PANCAKES TOO!

Fenris chimed in eagerly, her excitement matching Anya's enthusiasm.

I chuckled softly, shaking my head in mock exasperation at Fenris's playful antics.

Me:alright, alright

I replied with a sigh, a smile tugging at my lips.

Me:But first, let's address something important.

Fenris tilted her head, her expression curious.

Fenris:What is it, master?

she asked, her tone playful but respectful.

I raised an eyebrow, my gaze firm as I addressed her with a hint of sternness.

Me:What did I tell you about not wearing clothes?

I said, my voice tinged with mock severity.

Fenris feigned a look of innocence, but a mischievous glint danced in her eyes.