0.00 - Claire Golbach, daughter of Hestia :

You're On Your Own, Kid

Percy Jackson X Claire Golbach

IF THERE WAS ONE THING CLARA ELIZABETH GOLBACH WASN'T GOING TO ADMIT, it was that she hated her mother always being at Camp.

Clara was used to the others kids complaining about wanting to meet their godly parents, about only having one parent (which she technically did) and so many other things - even at the age of eleven.

Some had - and still were - telling her about how lucky she was Hestia would sit at the campfire to tend to the flames. And even though at first Clara quite liked it, it grew annoying. Especially the kids always asking.

Clara was - apparently - to be killed by Zeus the moment she stepped from Camp. He was angry Hestia had broken her oath to sire a daughter with ghost hunter Samuel Golbach, and was planning to take it out on her the moment he got.

The other kids didn't have to deal with that.

They weren't forbidden, and Clara had no clue whether or not the prophecy was about her. Everyone said it was a Big 3 kid, which personally, she was praying for. Keep her out of that crap.

But Hestia warned her that it was a chance it was her. And if no kid turned up by the end of this summer, she should start preparing.

Now, she sat on the docks, looking out to the water. The rain around camp had eased, kids were returning to their activities. Clara gently splashed her feet in the water when she heard running.

Clara turned to see Luke Castellan, son of Hermes. "Oh, hi Luke."

"Hey," Luke grinned at the younger Camper. "Guess what!"

Clara's eyes narrowed. "...what?"

"Grover and Chiron have gone to look over some new kid."

Her jaw dropped. Chiron had gone to see this kid? "You don't think..."

"Hasn't done that ever!" Luke laughed. "He didn't even for Thalia, daughter of Zeus!"

"Who was on the run," she pointed out, standing. "He couldn't even if he tried, Luke."

He nodded. "Yeah, good point. Well, they left earlier this morning."

"Sounds...fun," Clara shrugged. "Never been out there."

"One day," Luke replied, placing a hand on her shoulder. "One day, I'll get you out of here. You'll see the world."

"If Zeus doesn't kill me first."

"Why don't we just defy the gods?" Luke shrugged.

Clara giggled, rolling her eyes.

Now that she knew, she wished Luke hadn't been so serious.

APRIL SPEAKS:
I'm writing this now...