1.03 - Godly Parents Are Strange:

You're On Your Own Kid, Act 01The Stolen BoltPerseus James Jackson x Clara Elizabeth Golbach

The Stolen Bolt
Perseus James Jackson x Clara Elizabeth Golbach

After we were a bit away from 11, Annabeth spoke up.

"You need to do better than that."

Percy frowned. "What?"

"Gods, I can't believe I thought you were the one."

I shook my head. I knew Annabeth wanted me to have a quest, as she had gotten every kid so far to believe they were 'the one'.

'The one' was allegedly the kid I would fall for - according to Hestia. They'd take me on a quest and keep me safe on it.

I didn't know if I wanted to meet them or not.

"What's your problem?" Percy raised his voice. "All I do is kill some bull guy-"

"Shut up!" I hissed, nudging him in the side. "You don't want-"

"Oh my gods!" Annabeth exploded. "Do you know how many kids would die for your chance?"

Percy clenched his fists. "To get killed?"

"TO FIGHT THE MINOTAUR!" Annabeth yelled. "What do you think we train for!?"

"I fight to not die," I pointed out. Annabeth glared at me and I raised my hands. "Sorry, sorry."

As they continued arguing, I dissociated. They were boring. But I glanced to Percy when sort of analysed him, trying to figure out his godly parent.

Bright, sea-green eyes. Messy black hair that I was sure had never seen a hairbrush. Tanned skin that honestly, never would've thought he was raised in Manhattan. Australia more like it. He also radiated some power that I felt when I first saw Thalia Grace, deceased daughter of Zeus. When I saw myself in a mirror.

He was definitely forbidden. Poseidon I was sure.

Suddenly, Percy shook his head. "Look, I didn't even want to be here. Why are we all cramped in Eleven anyway? There are plenty of cabins!" He pointed to Zeus, Hera and Poseidon's cabins.

"Oh my gods," I snorted as Annabeth was seemingly seeing red.

"It's based off your parents. Or parent," she trailed off, giving him a look.

"My mother is Sally Jackson," he said carefully. "Where's her cabin?"

"Your father, Perce," I told him. "His cabin is around here."

"Who's your 'cabin parent'?" He asked, putting quotation marks.

"Hestia, goddess of the Hearth," I sighed. "She doesn't have a cabin - hence why Travis Stoll said 'or a Claire' when they were asking about you."