1.09 - Bad Thoughts:

You're On Your Own Kid, Act 01The Stolen BoltPerseus James Jackson x Clara Elizabeth Golbach

The Stolen Bolt
Perseus James Jackson x Clara Elizabeth Golbach

There was nothing better than feeling useless as we walked through the forest.

People had said New York was the best city in the world. That was a load of crap.

Grover was shivering, shaking his head. "Three Kindly Ones. All three at once."

I wrapped my arms around my middle, tears in my eyes. The bus...it was all my fault.

I was the one who stood up and taunted them. I was the one who got hurt. I was the daughter of Hestia that caused Zeus to light the bus up.

The whole scene, at least what I could remember, was replaying. Why wasn't I good at sweet talk like Silena or Isabella? Why wasn't I good at fighting like Jade, Annabeth or Crystal? Why wasn't I good at being a trickster like Pia or Hailey?

This...this was my doing.

Why did I have to be Hestia, a peacemaker's child? Why couldn't I be a Hermes kid and fast, an Athena kid and smart, an Ares and good at fighting?

Why did I have to think I could save them? I've never been out here before. Why did I have to get hurt? Percy had to catch me!

We were going to starve or become monster food.

I remember once when Hestia was telling me about my father. "He was a kind person. He protected everyone as best he could. He was a perfectionist too. Not in a toxic way, it was aimed at himself. Zeus would've killed him the moment you stepped from camp."

At the last thought, one through ran my head.

I can't breathe.

My chest tightened, and I felt myself start to shake. My heartbeat got louder, reaching my eardrums and sending chills down my back as I heard it. Even though I was out in the open, it felt like the trees were closing in on me. I tried to think of something sane but I couldn't. Rushes of adrenaline coursed through my veins and I felt myself go heavy. My body felt hotter than where the Furies had touched my ankle.