1.06 - My Torture Begins:

You're On Your Own Kid, Act 01The Stolen BoltPerseus James Jackson x Clara Elizabeth Golbach

The Stolen Bolt
Perseus James Jackson x Clara Elizabeth Golbach

Shortly after Percy accepted his quest - and assured Grover he would be joining - Chiron spoke up.

"You will need a third person," he said. "And som-"

"Claire," Percy interrupted. His green his pleaded with me as my own maroon ones locked. "Please Lilibet. I need you on this."

"I wouldn't suggest that," Chiron cut in.

"Why?" Percy grabbed my hand under the table. "Other than Grover, she's the only person that speaks to me!"

"Zeus wants to kill me," I whispered.

"...what?" Percy breathed, staring at me. "Zeus wants to kill you?"

I released a shaky breath. "Pretty much."

He grinned, squeezing my hand. "Not on my watch."

"So," Jade chimed as she tossed a jumper at me. "A quest."

"Yep," I nodded, catching it and putting it into a bag. "A quest."

"With Percy Jackson, the kid you were blushing at when Annie was feeding him?" Crystal teased, carrying some clothes and stuff to me.

I rolled my eyes.

"Wait she was?" Hailey's jaw dropped.

"Oh my gods!" I groaned, burying my face in my hands. "Shut up!"

"Oh this'll be fun!" Pia burst out laughing.

"He was pretty insistent on you going, Claire," Jade pointed out. "I overheard him. You also, allegedly, calmed him down at a mention of a certain monster. How?"

I smiled and did my steps. "That's how."

Rosie seemed to realise I was going on a quest, because she grabbed my hands. I was talking to Jade about plans on to make Percy's life hell - I'm innocent I swear - when I felt her cold hands grab mine.

"Clar," she whispered. "Look at me."

I raised my eyes to meet hers.

"Please come home safe, don't die," she pleaded. "I can't loose you."

I just knew the word 'too' was lying on her lips. Rosie had lost her family when they kicked her out when she was five. We were friends as soon as she arrived.

"I'll try my best," I told her. "We both know Zeus is out for me."

A sob escaped Rosie as she wrapped her arms around me, holding me close.

"Come back to me. To us," she told me. "Please."

I nodded. "I...I think I can."

"Percy swore to keep her safe, if that helps," Hailey said softly. She turned to me, her soft blue eyes meeting mine. She was so sweet and gentle. "But if you die..."

"I won't," I interrupted. "I'll be back."

"Time to go," Crystal stood and clapped her hands. I grabbed my backpack, it wasn't the heaviest thing I'd carried.

Leaving my friends felt the heaviest.

I exited the Athena cabin where we were packing to see Grover and Percy on the hill. I took a shaky breath. My heartbeat was quickening, tears were in my eyes.

I was about to see the world for the first time.

"You've got this," Rosie said softly. "You'll...you'll be fine."

"I think I will."

I began walking towards the hill.

It's time. 

April Speaks:

I feel evil for what's coming