1.01 - The New Kid Is Clueless :

You're On Your Own Kid, Act 01The Stolen BoltPerseus James Jackson x Clara Elizabeth Golbach

The Stolen Bolt
Perseus James Jackson x Clara Elizabeth Golbach

I leant against the doorway to the infirmary, talking to Annabeth Chase. Jade Silvers was beside me, arguing with her half brother, Luke Castellan. Pia James, daughter of Demeter, was helping Will Solace with some medications. How 10-year-old Pia even knew as much as Will, not being Apollo's child, was a mystery to me. Hailey Chase, Annabeth's younger sister, was helping Pia and Will. Crystal Treaty was probably off pranking with the Stoll bothers, and the chaotic duo of Amalia Jones and Isabella Brown...no one wanted to know what they were up to.

All my friends accounted for. Except for...Rosalie Pierce, who was tapping my shoulder.

"What's up, Rosie?" I smiled, meeting Rosie's baby blue eyes.

"I saw you blushing," Rosie smirked. "At the kid Annie's dealing with."

I rolled my eyes. We've been friends since they were about seven - when Annabeth arrived. But the latter was closed off until two years ago.

"Isn't this the kid Chiron went out to see?" Pia chimed, carrying some medicine in her arms. I ruffled the younger girl's hair. Hailey, noticing, ducked as she passed me. Dam, she's getting smarter...wait she's always been smarter than me.

"Nice observations, little Gardner."

"I am not a Gardner, Katie and Miranda are!" Pia yelled as she exited the room.

"Details, details!" I called back.

"Well," Jade sighed. "We should get going, everyone. Only Claire, Will and Annabeth are supposed to be here anyway. The rest of us..."

"I don't want to do classes," Pia whined, entering the room again.

"You have too, little duck," I shrugged. "I'll see you later anyway."

"Bye Claire!" Luke called, waving his hand as he and Jade left.

"See ya Luke, see ya Jade!"

"Bye bestie!" Rosie added, running off.

Everyone was filing out and it was just Annabeth and I left in the end.

The kid began to stir. Once his eyes blinked open for only a moment, I found myself blushing again at the sea-green eyes irises.

"Hurrah," I shook my head, smirking. "He's alive."

"Shut up Claire," Annabeth hissed.

"What, like you weren't questioning if he was breathing before Pia walked in," I pointed out. "Live a little for the sarcasm, Annie."

Annabeth shook her head. "Gods, you're impossible."

I shrugged. "What's his name?"

"Percy Jackson," Annabeth replied. "I'm sure he's the one."

"Whatever lets you sleep at night, Annie."

Honestly? I was somewhat surprised when Jackson woke up.

So far with kids, they'd screamed, cried or something along these lines. But Jackson didn't do any of them. He looked clueless and quiet - and it was either adorable or annoying.

I was yet to decide.

I was also jealous of Jackson. He grew up with his mortal parent - his mother apparently. I didn't, my father either didn't want me or didn't know I existed. I was trying to find out. Whether Hestia was telling the truth - and Samuel Golbach didn't know he had a daughter. Or if she was lying - and I, Clara Elizabeth Golbach, was unwanted.

I adjusted my sleeve a little as Annabeth and I stood in the Big House, talking.

"Claire," Annabeth clicked in front of my face. I jumped. "You okay?"

"Yeah," I nodded, looking over to where my mother - in her five year old form - sat by the fire. "Just thinking."

"Of what it could've been?" The emphasis on 'it' was what got me. Annabeth knew me so well.

I sighed, nodding. "Jackson doesn't know how good he had it around here."

"I know," Annabeth shook her head. "And yet he's still complaining?"

"He was not," my jaw dropped.

"About answers!"

"I wish I had those."

"Annabeth, Clara," Chiron called.

"Ooh," I grinned. "Time to meet the idiot who beat the Minotaur."

"Judy!" Annabeth sighed, grabbing my wrist. "Cut him some slack, we know Clarisse won't."

I nodded as she dragged me in. But...I know you won't.

"Percy, these ladies nursed you to health," Chiron smiled at us. "Meet Annabeth and Clara, two of our biggest friend group."

"A friend group around here?" Jackson's eyes widened.

"A few," Annabeth corrected. "And mine's the only one I can handle."

"Shove off, Annie," I pouted. "Jade and Rosie are nicer than you."

"I question your sanity," Annabeth pinched her nose.

"As you should."

"Could you two show Percy around?" Chiron offered, looking between us. I nodded, linking my arm through Jackson's - like I did whenever I do this.

"Come, Jackson!"

"Percy," he mumbled.

"Sorry," I grinned. "Onwards!"

And as I sprinted out with Percy, Annabeth followed us - cursing me out with a colourful language I just knew Jade had taught her.

Gods, I should keep Pia away from Jade...and Percy.

APRIL SPEAKS:

Clara is more a tribute to Hestia because of origin (Latin I'm pretty sure) and Elizabeth is for Sam 🫶🏼

Onward and Upward - Elizabeth "Libby" Golbach