Golden Retriever

When his body hit water surface, a big splash reached even the alphas who threw him.

His body submerged for many seconds and Allen feared that the beta is inhaling water and is going to drown. But the evil smile on Jason's lips prevented him from taking action. A sadistic maniac like Jason gets his joy from watching people battling death.

And Keith battled death by cutting his way out to air. He gasped briefly before his head drowned again. Then he fought his way again inhaling the longest he could before failing to maintain his head above water surface. He was never a good swimmer not in his current condition.

Like a fish flipping in air and suffocates slowly. He flipped in the pool fighting with water swinging his hands, making his way to the ladder. As soon as he catched it and felt safe, the feeling of freezing took over. The water was ice cold and his head and arm above water freezed the most.

He slowly dived in again. It's warmer when the wind can't touch him protect by water.

"Keith. Get out Keith. We haven't played yet."

The playful voice of Jason brought him back to reality. In a split second he made the decision of getting out and facing the consequences of trusting strangers.

His pants, sweater, and shoes were drenched. And the wind hitting him brought the coldness of winter. His ears and nose turned red. And his knuckles blue. His face completely pale but a wave of coughing forced the blood to his cheeks.

He was shaking. Facing them with only courage not power. He thought they would beat him up and he was ready for that even if it meant to be killed.

The four alphas stood there ready for their game.

"I'm going to count to 10. By then you could run any direction you want. The first to catch you is the winner. One.. two.. three.."

Keith didn't move an inch. Only the water dripping and jaw shaking. He felt weaker every passing second. And his body became suddenly hot. He thought he developed a fever rather quickly.

"Seven.. eight.. Hey, why aren't you running?"

"What was in the wine?"

Keith stammered. His body felt strange. Not only hot but strange. It became sensitive to even the clothes that stick to it.

"Oh, nothing. It's just now your body is as much fuckable as an omega's."

"You naive little beta." Allen smirked. "You didn't notice all this time."

Keith whose first thought was to get beaten up rather than play their little game and make them enjoy themselves with that. Sprinted away faster than a bullet. They were aiming to enjoy themselves a different way from what he have imagined and he was not going to let that happen.

"I'm gonna start over with counting. Take your time hiding."

Jason yelled at his back. And Keith didn't look back. He headed towards the dark forest hiding behind the trees and shadows.

His heart beating heavily, his breathing accelerated uncontrollably. When he hid against a tree his legs gave up making him slid down and scratch his back with splinters.

He was wet, drugged, and tired. His mind fuzzy and his body feeble. The trees covered moonlight from shining his path. But there was no path. He was completely isolated in a strange place. And only the alphas knew how to navigate through it, they played hide and seek with many betas and omegas they became experts.

The fear was great but he didn't hear anyone coming. Maybe they lost his track with all the zigzag directions he made.

Then a golden retriever suddenly appeared to him. The dog strolled carelessly, looked at him indifferently then walked away.