I Want a Lawyer

Keith hated waking up in hospitals. It became a regular thing for him but he couldn't get used to it. The smell of sterilizers and the dirty white color are all he smells and sees. It effected his sanity.

He wished he woke up in a coffin. Being dead is better than being ill.

He stared at the ceiling for a long time before trying to move his body and sit. When he tried his body ached. And his left hand didn't move at all. Right then he noticed the handcuff on his hand tying him to the bed.

But he sat down nonetheless bearing pain in his torso.

"You better lay down, you have fractured 3 of your ribs."

A police officer said sitting on the chair at the far end of the bed. He played video games on his phone and didn't even look at Keith while talking.

"You slept for two straight days. I thought you would not wake up anytime soon."

When Keith wanted to reply the pain in his cheeks stopped him. His face was not as much swollen as before but it didn't heal completely.

Keith stared at the policeman and didn't lay back. When the guy finished his game he stood up and walked to the door knocking on it. The act puzzled Keith but then another policeman opened the door from the outside, letting his comrade leave.

Keith was in no place to think straight. His body is filled with sedatives and it altered his brain chemistry. But he knew what's going on. He is somehow under arrest. And that must be for what happened to Jason Barlowe.

Not a long time passed till another guy entered the room. This time it's a tall balding man in a black suit. He was in his forties.

Keith figured that's an alpha with the dark aura surrounding him.

The alpha pulled the chair next to Keith and sat unbothered. His gaze met Keith with a hint of ire.

"If you say any unnecessary word to the detectives. You would regret it."

He said. Keith frowned not understanding what's going on. His face hurt with mare frowning.

"The Barlowes are grieving the loss of their son. They don't want any other kind of misfortune follows their son's name."

"You mean they don't want people to know that he and his friends are rapists?"

Keith asked tilting his head to the side and bearing pain in his neck. Sleeping for two days made his body stiff.

The alpha smiled slyly. His eyes became dim and his aura dimmer. It made Keith scared. The pressure the alphas always put on him made him feel sick to the stomach.

"Keith Hart. You don't seem to have a bright future but your siblings do. No matter the connections your family has with the Princes, the later would not risk their relationships with the Barlowes and the Elrods combined. You are alone in this."

Keith laid down and turned his head away hiding the fear in his face. He understood the threat and the image of his sister Kath crying made his heart shrink.

The alpha stood up.

"I didn't visit today. You are not allowed to have visitors anyway."

He said and left. Few moments later the policeman came back and sat on the chair resuming his game.

—————

He refused to drink water even though he was thirsty. He refused to eat even though he was hungry. All he wanted is a cigarette but he was not allowed to smoke in a hospital. So he became extremely irritated. When a female detective came to interview him he refused to talk to her. He turned his face away and pretended to be asleep every time.