chapter 1

At practice
"that's off!" Paige yelled from the 3. That's was like the 9th three of the day that she'd missed. She was frustrated with her shooting and it was a game day, so this wasn't good.

"it's okay, just get your head in the game" Kk said patting her back. Kk was like her personal cheerleader, she was also the one that seen all of the inappropriate edits made of Paige.

"it's not okay, if I can't make a freaking three, we're going to lose." She said flipping her ponytail. She was always so hard on herself for some reason, we get a good players wants to be good, but a good player needs a good attitude, and good mind set and a good demeanor. Which means if Paige kept this little attitude she had, it wasn't gone be good for her.

"stop being so hard on yourself girl, everyone has a bad shooting night." ice said walking up to her.

"5 minutes water break" we heard geno yell.

"good, i need it." Paige said dropping the ball and walking to the locker room in bunny motion.

In locker room

"miss ma'am can't get her head in the game, what's the distraction?" Aubrey said sitting next to me.

"there's no distraction, im just not focused" Paige said looking at her phone a little fed up.

"maybe she has a little lover she can't get off her mind." Kk added just teasing.

"yall know paige don not be dating fr. She prolly ain't dating nobody." ice said.

"she likes the people that's out of her little league." Ashlynn added.

"no ma'am, nobody's out of Paige bueckers' league." She said making herself abundantly clear. "I can pull any girl  or boy I want, no doubt about it."

"Oh really? How about this, Paige? We choose the girl you have to pull." Ice said, knowing she's always up for a challenge.

"Alright, bring it on. You know I never back down from a challenge."

"I've got the perfect girl in mind for you, Paige. She's smart, funny, and has a killer three-point shot. You'll have to work your charm to win her heart." She said after getting out of a group huddle, without Paige of course.

"And don't forget, she's also a fan of extravagant seafood dinners. You'll have to pull out all the stops." Ines said swiping her chin.

Paige chuckled, realizing the challenge her teammates had set for her. "Alright, I accept. Consider it done." She said putting her phone back in her cubby

"Alright but don't forget that  it's not just about winning the bet. It's about genuinely connecting with someone. Don't forget the importance of building a meaningful relationship." Ashlynn said being a mom to Paige.

"of course, and please don't pick somebody not so hot" Paige said in the nicest way she could think of.

"would you date a black girl?" Kk asked.

"it's never crossed my mind so I don't know." Paige said being honest.

"mmmmhmmmmm" kk said side eyeing Paige.

"and don't start with that race stuff, we wouldn't be bestfriends if I was racist." Paige said looking over at kk.

Kate 🌈
Kate and her team had just got on the bus to the arena for the game, of course they were playing UConn tonight. Was the pressure on, she really couldn't tell. She felt like this would be the perfect matchup for the fans to watch.

"you ladies ready?" They heard their coach ask them, but honestly, they didn't know if they were ready they're own selves.

"we ha-"

"and if your not ready then get ready" she finished saying during Jada's sentence.

They knew this would be quite a long ride, so they decided to take some easy naps, play a little bit of games, look out the window and stuff. They couldn't wait till game time, they were more so excited than nervous, especially Caitlin, getting to see her childhood kind of friend.

So this was short, sweet, and to the point. First chapter def wasn't 1,000 words but I honestly wouldn't expect that every chapter just because, I'm going as it comes to my brain, and she is friend tonight so, lol. Let me know what you guys think, leave ideas or dm me!

Xoxo-C💕