Chapter 5: The sick twist

As soon as the tour was over, Madison got ready to leave for the hospital. She took along with her the food which she had told the chef to pack up for her. The driver offered to take her to the hospital but she politely declined. When the driver continued insisting, she eventually allowed him to take her to the hospital.

The ride to the hospital was very smooth as the AC from the car blew Madison almost to sleep. In no time, they got to the hospital. Madison thanked the driver for the lift and told him that he could return back to the mansion but the driver insisted that he was going to wait for her until she finished all that she wanted to do at the hospital.

“I don't know how long I am going to be in there for. I do not want to waste your time out here, so you can just return back to the mansion,” Madison said.

“Mrs. Salvatore, I am the driver that has been assigned to you to take you wherever you want to go. My duty is to take you to places and wait there to return you back to the mansion, so please ma’am let me do my job. And see it as a way of saying thank you for the breakfast you gave us this morning,” the driver said.

“Oh well thank you then…sorry, what's your name?” Madison asked.

She was so surprised that she hadn't even been married for 24 hours yet and she already had a personal maid and a personal driver.

“My name is Maximus, young Mrs. Salvatore,” the driver said.

“Well, thank you Maximus. And please call me Madison or Ma’am. Calling me Mrs. Salvatore makes me feel uncomfortable. I just got married to your boss and I’m not yet used to the name,” Madison said.

“Okay ma’am,” Maximus replied.

“I’ll go in now,” Madison said as she got down from the car.

She walked into the hospital and met the nurse at the reception area. Since she was a very common visitor at the hospital, the nurse smiled at her when she saw her approaching the reception desk.

“Hello Madison, how are you doing today?” the nurse asked.

“I'm doing very well and you?” Madison asked back with a smile etched on her face.

“I’m doing same. You're here to see your sister?” the nurse asked.

“You know it,” Madison replied.

“Yeah, go right on up. I’m sure she’d the excited to see you,” the nurse said.

Madison thanked the nurse as she approached the staircase leading up to her sisters room and several other rooms. When she got to her sister's door she saw her mother through the small glass on the door holding her sister’s hand and they were laughing at something together. She smiled at the sight of it. It’s been a while since she saw her mother and her sister laugh so happily.

When she was satisfied with what she has seen she opened the door and walked in getting the attention of her sister and mother.

“Hey mum, hey baby sis,” she said as she approached her sister’s bed.

Her sister’s smile faded and now she had a look of guilt on her face.

“Mum told me what you did. You didn’t have to Maddie,” Mandy said as tears began to gather in her eyes.

“Oh please, are you kidding me? You and mum are the best family to me and I would to anything to make you both happy,” Madison said, trying hard to not let her tears show.

She flashed a smile at Mandy and placed a kiss on her forehead. Their mother, Joyce, shed a tiny tear as she watched the pure love between two sisters.

“Have you gone to Dana to ask for the money for your sister’s bills?” she asked.

“No, I haven't yet but I intend to once I leave this place. I brought breakfast,” Madison announced.

She opened up the food case she had brought with her and both her sister and mother were surprised at the exquisite and sumptuous meal that Madison has brought over. Madison began to tell them everything that had happened in the mansion: how she got a personal maid, a personal driver, a good number of household staff at her beck and call and how big her bedroom was not to talk of the whole mansion at large.

“Is your husband a nice man?” Joyce asked.

“I guess so mum. He spoke nicely to me at the wedding yesterday when we first met,” Madison said.

She didn’t want her mother to get worried. After spending some time with her mother and sister, she realized it was time to go over to her father's house to ask Dana to fulfill her own part of the contract, which was giving her the money for her sister’s bills. She walked out of the hospital and almost forgot that she came with a driver. She stood by the side of the road waiting for a cab until a black Jeep stopped right in front of her. The driver rolled down the window and she saw it was.

“Oh, Maximus I'm so sorry. I'm not used to having a driver so I forgot I came with one,” she said.

She got into the car and gave Maximus the address to where she was going which was her father's home address. Maximus drove straight to the address she had given him and in no time, they were at Madison's father's home. When she got into her father's house, the household staff allowed her work in without any enquiries. Just as she was about approaching her father’s study where she hoped he would be, an annoying voice stopper in her tracks.

“If it isn’t my newly wed sister,” Dana said.

“Dana,” Madison said with so much anger.

“You know, I forgot to thank you yesterday for the sacrifice you made by taking my place in marrying that rebel,” Dana said a smirk on her face.

“Dana, I’m just here to get the money like you promised,” Madison said.

“What money?” Dana asked.

Madison head snapped and she began to see red. She slowly began to approach Dana until she was stopped.