Chapter 17: Gradual steps

Madison was a few minutes late to work, she didn't know how but she had completely missed her alarm. She hurriedly got ready in her room and came out to leave when she heard Robert's angry voice coming from his room. It seems like he was shouting at someone and Madison couldn't just ignore and leave.

She walked to his room where she saw him standing angrily by the side while a maid was shaking like a leaf and searching frantically across the room.
“What's going on?” Madison asked meekly.

Robert turned to look at her before sighing frustratedly and checking his watch on his wrist. The maid greeted Madison and said, “Young Mr Salvatore is looking for his glasses but I can't seem to find it and he's already quite late for work” She looked tired and also scared of incurring her master's wrath.

“You wear glasses? I didn't know” Madison commented to Robert who only grunted in reply. She turned to the maid and said, “You can go, I'll search for it myself” The maid bow slightly, the relief clear on her face and she quickly left.

Madison dropped her handbag and began searching the room. A minute later she retrieved a pair of glasses from under the bed. She exhaled and walked home to Robert with a smile, “Here you go” she handed him the glasses.

He muttered a thank you and took it from her, he was a little surprised at how she was quick to find it when the maid had searched multiple times.

“It's fine. My mom uses glasses too and she is fond of always losing them so I learnt a trick of knowing possible places I could find them. By the way, doesn't it have like a case to protect it when you are not using it. I couldn't find it anywhere” Madison said with a little glance across the room again.

“Um yeah… I couldn't find it to after sometime” Robert said lowly, sounding like a child caught in trouble. As if realizing the change in his voice, he cleared his throat and said, “You must be late for work too, come on, I'll drop you off on my way to mine”

Madison nodded in agreement with a composed face while her heart was thumping in excitement. They both walked out of the house together and got in the white GLK Benz, sitting down beside each other this time. During the ride, they were both quiet but it was comfortable. Robert suddenly brought out a cigarette and lit it to smoke, Madison didn't say anything, instead she rolled the glass window by her side down so she would breathe in fresh air. Robert noticed her movement and said,

“Sorry” then he quickly disposed of the cigarette. Madison was stunned to hear him say sorry and at the same time she was pleased to see him dispose of the cigarette immediately he saw her wind down her window. She remembered the last time she was in his car and she felt genuine progress in their relationship. They could tolerate each other more now and with time she believed they could give love a try.

“Right here, thank you” Madison said once they arrived at her office building. Robert nodded and stopped the car, Madison attempted to open the door but for some reason it wouldn't budge, she tried several times until Robert told her to stop so he could it a try. From his seat, he removed his seatbelt and stretched to hers and tried to open it but it still wouldn't budge.

Madison's breath hitched at the close proximity, his side was groping her bossoms and it made her feel a certain type of way. She has never been this close to Robert and it made her feel nervous about it. When he pulled away, she heaved in relief mentally.

“What's wrong with the door?” she asked, trying to act composed like she wasn't affected by what he just did.

“I don't know, it's never had this problem before. Let me go out and try it from outside” Robert answered before stepping out of the car and turning around to open the door for her.

Madison who was waiting patiently, noticed that some of her co-workers that were passing by had stopped to watch as the famous billionaire Robert Salvatore came out of his car to open the door for his wife. Some were even taking pictures and videos with their phones, Madison knew that wasn't the case but she couldn't help but blush and feel special.

Robert opened the door and it opened in one pull, Madison stepped out and he said, “I don't know what wrong, I'll get it fixed at my mechanic's” he also noticed people around taking pictures but he ignored them because he didn't care.

“Okay, thank you” Madison said, her voice coming out a little more shy than she intended. She then began to walk away from him when he stopped her and asked,

“What time do you get off work?”

“5 pm, why do you ask?”

“I'll come to pick you up so we can go visit your sister”

Madison was shocked for a second before she beamed into a smile and nodded eagerly. She stood and watched him drive away, the smile refusing to fade away.

He wasn't rebellious after all… Madison was getting to see the vulnerable side of him and it attracted her the more.

After he left, she turned around and walked into the building and immediately she entered, her co workers surrounded her almost immediately.

“Look at you, you're late and still blushing so wildly”

“Why wouldn't she? Her billionaire husband came to drop her off at work”

“Such a lucky woman”

Her co-workers discussed with loud voices around her and it made her cheek even redder if that was even possible. Indeed, she felt lucky to be married to Robert. Things were rough now but she knew it wouldn't be for long.

————>

Double update? Yasssssss 😜

Just hit that vote button below, will you? 😊