05: making her jealous

song of the chapter: house of balloons/ glass table girls by the weeknd

zeynep's POV

after the tutoring session with paige, i was feeling better about myself. as easily hurt as i was, i was also very petty, i didn't let shit slide easily and what paige did was something i surely couldn't let go that easily.

"oh my god, you ate her up!!" nat exclaimed in excitement after i told her my treatment of paige.

"her expression said it all." i said with a proud smile on my face.

"now she knows how you felt. let's move on from that blondie, we are so going out to celebrate this tonight!" nat was giving my puppy eyes despite the confidence in her voice.

"i was planning on watching some romcoms, but you know what fuck it. lets go!" i said as i got up.

nat was over the moon and said she would invite a few of her other friends, i didn't question it as i already knew all her friends.

i decided to wear a tight dark purple dress with think straps, i did my makeup and curled my hair. the final touch was to spray a shit ton of perfume.

once nat and i were ready we decided to uber with nat's friends. i was busy on the uber app when i heard a knock on our dorm door, nat ran to answer it as i stayed focused on my phone.

"hello!" nika with a lot of energy, followed by kk and ice.

the girls walked in and i looked up from my phone as i got up to welcome them and saw a familiar blonde walking in behind everyone.

paige.

why is she here when i'm literally going out with the intent of celebrating my anti-paige antics? i could never catch a break.

i rolled my eyes at the sight of her, which she seemingly noticed as it made her look away to her side.

nat gave me an apologetic look and texted me she didn't know the girls would bring paige.

i decided to ignore paige, regardless of the fact that she had somehow ended up next to me in our uber.

the girls asked the uber driver to play sexyy red, the poor guy obliged and put on the first song that popped up on his music player.

"I'M A FINE ASS BITCH I AIN'T IN THE HOUSE SAD!" the lyrics blasted and we all sang along with passion, if i were to rank us, i would be first and paige would be last since she wasn't even singing.

once we got to the club, we got a few drinks and started dancing. paige was sulking on the side as we all had fun.

this guy named dan approached me and started a conversation, he was cute and seemed nice enough so i kept the conversation going. i could feel paige stare at dan and i with a burning gaze but i ignored it.

i told dan i was going to the bathroom and left. i entered the bathroom to check on my hair and makeup, i was putting some of my lip tint on as paige walked in to the bathroom. there was no one else in the small bathroom of the club and it felt weird being alone here with her.

she looked at me up and down before she opened her mouth.

"making sure your lip gloss is perfect before kissing that little boy, huh?" she asked.

"it's none of your business." i said as i gave her a fake smile and walked out past her, leaving a stunned paige behind me yet again.

dan was gay. he told me that early on in our conversation, which was why i was that comfortable around him. with both of our tipsy states, dan and i both began ranting. he was ranting about a guy who labeled himself as straight but had a thing with dan and i was ranting about what happened with paige.

which was why he decided to play a little game. he decided it would be funny to make her jealous by being close to me.

he put his hands on my waist and i wrapped my arms around his neck. my back was turned to paige, who was now back at our table.

"she's staring so hard, i can see that clenched jaw!" dan whispered in my ear, sounding proud of himself.

towards the end of the night, i got dan's contact and said bye. paige and i were responsible for all the drunk girls, which forced us to communicate.

once we got all the girls in their beds, we took a deep breath.

paige was in front of mine and nat's door since nat was the last one we put to bed.

"do you wanna go on a walk?" paige asked as she made eye contact with me, she didn't look mad, in fact she looked very calm, almost sorry.

"sure, let me grab my phone." i said as i ignored my urge to lay in my bed and sleep.

i didn't know how this walk would go but i just hoped it wouldn't make things worse between us.

a/n: sorry for the cliffhanger! i will try to upload a new chapter tonight or in the morning! i love y'all and please keep voting! 💗