09: confronting her

songs of the chapter: the other woman & pretty when you cry by lana del rey, cry by cigarettes after sex ///p.s: italics indicate lyrics

zeynep's pov

"zeynep, what are you doing here?" paige asked as she ignored the girl's question.

"sorry, i'll go." i quickly said as i turned around and walked speedily to the stairs rather than the elevator

to my surprise, paige hadn't followed me out, so she probaby didn't care.

as soon as i stepped out of the building, i ran into ice and kk who were now coming in.

"hi, we came to check up on y'all." ice said as she scanned my face for an answer as to what had happened while kk stood next to her, i'd never seen her so serious.

"i have to go." i once again excused myself and rushed back to my dorms.

the moment i closed my dorm's door, i let the tears waiting fall.

i'll wait for you, babe, you don't come through, babe
you never do, babe, that's just what you do

now all the times she had dodged my plans, all the times she had taken hours to respond, and all the times she had been cold to me made sense.

i sat down in front of the door as i continued crying. i noticed my reflection in the mirror across me as i wiped my eyes. my outfit was carefully chosen, my hair and makeup done perfectly, the sight in front of me reminded me of how i had excitedly gotten ready for this date, making me feel stupider than i had already felt.

"this is what i get for giving her a second chance." i thought to myself as the sight of the platinum blonde girl wearing paige's hoodie reappeared in my mind.

i was so dumb for thinking we could ever be together.

.·:*¨¨* ≈☆≈ *¨¨*:·.

paige's pov

"do you realize what the fuck you did?" i yelled in frustration. 

"i didn't do anything." olivia rolled her eyes as she sat down on my couch. 

i opened my mouth to start yelling at her but i was caught off by the knock on my door. when i opened the door i was face to face with two concerned friends; kk and ice. 

"what happened paige?" ice asked as walked in, scanning the room. 

"who the fuck is this? you freaking cheated on her?" kk asked as soon as she spotted the blonde behind me. 

"kk calm down." ice quickly said as she held kk's arm. 

"of course i didn't fucking cheat." i responded, i would be hurt that kk even thought i would cheat on someone but all i cared about right now was zeynep. 

"i don't have time to explain shit right now, i need to go after her." i added. 

"you're not going anywhere, you need to calm down, you can't talk to her like this ." ice protested. 

"and she probably don't wanna see you." kk added. 

we walked to a caffe on campus to sit down. 

 i took a deep breath and told them everything. 

"why the fuck didn't you tell her that, you're dumb as shit." kk said. 

"yeah, then none of this would've happened." ice agreed with kk.

"y'all don't get it. how was i supposed to tell her my "high school sweetheart" moved in with me?" 

"telling her is better than hiding it paige." ice replied. 

"exactly, i'm going to zeynep's dorm to check up on her with nika, you stay with paige ice." kk said as she grabbed her drink and got up. "don't go too hard on yourself, i'm sure she'll understand, you just gotta give her time." 

.·:*¨¨* ≈☆≈ *¨¨*:·.

zeynep's pov 

i was laying in my bed as i listened to music. i suddenly heard a knock on my door. i got up, a little scared and caught off guard. 

i looked at my reflection in the mirror, my makeup all cried off except the mascara smudges, and i was wearing my comfy pjs. i couldn't be bothered to change. 

"who is it?" i asked before i opened the door. 

"kk and paige." the voice on the other side said, i could recognize it was kk. 

i opened the door and greeted them. 

"hi, we bought ice cream!" kk said as she grinned.

"hello." nika said as she extended the o's and hugged me. 

despite having just met nika, i already loved her. 

we all sat on my bed and decided to watch my favorite rom-com movie, 10 Things I Hate About You as we ate the ice cream. 

nothing could beat the comfort of a good rom-com with ice cream and friends. 

was very grateful they hadn't brought up paige, but at the same time i wanted to know. i didn't know what i really wanted to know, i just wanted to hear about her. 

suddenly, there was a knock on the door. 

"i'll get it!" i said as the girls continued watching the movie. 

with the confidence i got from having nika and kk with me, i opened the door without even asking who it was. 

i regretted that decision as soon as i saw who was in front of me. 

"hi, can we talk?" she asked as she looked at me with her blue eyes darker than usual. 

paige was here. 

a/n: sorry school got so busy. i can't believe we hit 3k reads! i love y'all, please remember to vote + comment!