14.

-

Stu distant himself from Phoenix and Billy throughout the day, which pisded them off.

He hung out with Randy most of the day until lunch time where the whole group was hanging out.

They were outside by the water fountain.

Billy sat next to Sidney, looking at stu, who avoided making eye contact with him.

Phoenix had all but shoved Tatum to the side so he could sit next to Stu.

Randy was all but suffering from all the glares that Phoenix and Billy were throwing at him.

"..what kind of questions did they ask you, sid?" Tatum questioned,

"They asked me if I knew Casey." Sidney replied, with a small shrug

"..did they ask you guys if you like to hunt?" Stu suddenly questioned, speaking up,

"Yeah. They did." Billy replied, trying to look into Stu's eyes, but Stu avoided looking at him.

"Why would they ask if you like to hunt?" Tatum questioned,

"Because their bodies were gutted." Randy replied, and Billy rolled his eyes.

"Thank you, Randy." Billy sarcastically said,

"They didn't ask me if I liked to hunt." Tatum said, frowning,

"Because they were gutted, a girl couldn't do that." Randy told her, and Tatum huffed, crossing her arms over her chest.

"That's so sexist. A female could easily be the killer. Basic instinct." Tatum told him,

"That was an ice pick, not exactly the same thing." Randy replied,

"How do you gut someone?" Sidney suddenly questioned, and everyone looked at her.

It was silent for a minute before Stu spoke. "You take a knife, and you slit'em from groin to sternum."

"It's called tact, stu." Billy said, as Sidney leaned closer to him, uncomfortable.

Stu shrugged, "she asked."

"Hey, mind coming with me to the vending machine?" Phoenix asked, stu, who shrugged and stood up.

He was quick to walk away, and Phoenix was quick to follow him.

It was a silent walk, usually stu would be chatting his ear off but he was quiet and that was unusual for him.

"Okay, talk to me." Phoenix told him, as they reached the vending machine.

Stu shrugged, "there's nothing to talk about." Phoenix scoffed, "yes, there is."

Stu sighed ,"Just leave it be, Phoenix."

Phoenix frowned, "Nix. Stu, what's going on with you?"

Stu reached down to grab the sodas that he paid for, handing one to Phoenix.

"It's just... I miss my parents, and Billy doesn't understand that. He thinks they're a bunch of assholes who don't care about me,"

Stu leaned his back against the vending machine , looking down at his soda, playing with the metal part, but not opening the can.

"I mean, yeah, sure, they're never home, and if they are, their screaming at each other day and night, always arguing, always just shouting,"

"Dad's always drunk, and mom's always too busy for me, but they're my parents, and I love them, no matter what,"

"Sure, they forget my birthdays sometimes, and we don't do Christmas or any special holiday cuase their never home, but Billy grew up differently than I did,"

"He doesn't understand how much I love them." Stu quietly said

"Stu, Billy does understand. He's just not good with emotions just like me. You may love your parents, stu, but they've been hurting you your entire life," Phoenix spoke, lifting Stu's head ,

His blue eyes met his, "Do you love your parents more than you love us?"

Stu shook his head ,"No."

"Then you don't need them, Stu. Forget about your parents. All you need in this world is me and Billy."

Stu stared at Phoenix for a few seconds before nodding his head.

Billy and Phoenix didn't understand. They didn't understand how much he loved his parents even though they weren't really present in his life, and even if they were, they were just fighting with each other.

Stu really wished Billy and Phoenix could understand him. He didn't know how much longer he could just pretend to be okay with it.

Maybe after they finish the plan. He could make them understand. Hopefully, they wouldn't get mad at him.

------

Word count - 685

Sorry for the very long wait!