Chapter 5

⠀ ∧,,,∧ ⠀⠀ ⠀⠀( ̳• · • ̳) ⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀/ ♡           ⩇⩇:⩇⩇

The autumn breeze was exceptionally cold today. Yewon's full-sleeved tank top wasn't helping in any way. She hugged herself in a failed attempt while waiting for Soobin in front of the university library. It was five in the evening, and almost all classes were coming to an end. Students were bustling in and out with their friends and boyfriends out of the library.

"Ahh, why does he want to go back home with me today?" Yewon shivered, taking a look at the time. Earlier this morning, Soobin had proposed to take her home because he had some stuff to discuss with her. Yes, in his half-asleep raspy voice, which still stuck in her head throughout the day.

As long as she remembered they had done all the talk for his documentary. What she dreaded was that Beomgyu was not going to be home tonight for his school event. That meant she was going to be alone. With a man. Something new after almost two years.

"Princesses should dress warmly in this season," a voice pulls her out of her thoughts. She feels something warm engulf her back. Yewon jerks a step forward and turns around with quivering knees, and her fingers roll out in a fist in front of her chest.

Self-defense move, huh?

Soobin raises his hand in surrender, a small impressive smirk taking over. "Someone is good at using their fists?" He asks, taking a step forward.

"Sorry, I thought it was someone else," she replies as he adjusts his blazer around her shoulders.

"Lemme pull your hair out since you look much prettier that way," he subtly says, like her heart wouldn't skip a beat.

"Don't you say things too casually?" She asks, trying not to move and brace his very inviting chest.

Soobin ignores her question and slides her hair out of the balzer and gives it a little stroke to make her seem put together despite her pale face due to the cold. He takes her hand into his and tucks them inside the blazer she is wearing.

"My hands are also getting cold" he explains as he catches her flustered look with the corner of his eyes. "Now shall we head home, princess?"

"What's with the 'princess' today?" She asks as they head off to the bus station. She tries not to think much of them tucking their hands together in one blazer.

Soobin replies with a shrug and they fall in silence. She has low energy to speak after going through dreading classes and the nightmare shivers still lingering around her mood. Somehow this silence was not awkward for Yewon. It didn't feel awkward walking with Soobin down the campus while holding hands only for valid reasons. It was a silent comfort that "you know we both had a hard day but still get to see each other and recharge,"

On the ride back home Soobin had dozed off leaning against the window. Yewon snapped a picture and sent it to Beomgyu before rethinking why she did that. Anyways seeing his cute face helped her smile and let off the bad memories for a while.

"So what did you wanna discuss?" Yewon asks him busily checking out the flavours of the drink in the fridge.

Soobin leans on the kitchen counter shoving his hands in his pockets and stares at her. He processes for an answer to give her but his eyelids are still heavy from the nap on the bus. Yewon pours a berry drink for both of them in wine glasses.

"Low on sugar? This will help you," she circles her finger around the glass and waits for him to take the other. Taking a seat on one of the bar stools she chugs the juice and lets out a sound.