Chapter 6

⠀ ∧,,,∧ ⠀⠀ ⠀⠀( ̳• · • ̳) ⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀/ ♡           ⩇⩇:⩇⩇

Yewon sits with her legs clasped together on the sofa like a decent child getting interrogated by their strict Asian parents. Beomgyu paces back and forth in front of the coffee table. His hands shoved inside his uniform pants. Trying to find the right words to ask but he fails and ends up sighing.

"Beomgyu, you see-"

"No. I can't see. I wish I didn't see my sister making out right in the same living room I use and that too with one of my best friends," he finally spills out his thoughts.

Yewon tries to scream back at him, but she takes a deep breath and continues explaining, "First of all no one was making out in the same living room that you use. We were just tickling each other-"

"What are you guys? Nine?" He plunges into the seat beside her. "I thought you were still afraid of starting a relationship,"

"Beomgyu." She stares at him with that older sister look. His anger quickly melts away and guilt takes over.

"Sorry." He apologises and reflects on himself again. Then a wild thought comes across his mind, "Wait. Do you like Soobin hyung?" he asks.

Yewon's eyes widen at the question as she moves away from him. "No, I don't think so. He's just a little flirty that's it,"

Beomgyu grins at the thought of Soobin being flirty because as far as he remembered his school president was nowhere near flirting with the girls. Let alone humanly accepting their gifts and chocolates. The flustered and annoyed face of Soobin flashes through his mind from earlier when he entered the apartment. The two were so busy and drowned in their giggles that they didn't hear him enter the password and get inside. Soobin had immediately pulled away from her and sat decently on the corner of the sofa.

"Gosh. I was so rude to him earlier," Beomgyu reflects again.

"You practically kicked him out of the house with your look," she emphasised, "you should meet him in person and apologise. We both are friends now and working on a university assignment. So better not make things awkward between us,"

...

End of Semester 1

Christmas was almost there but preparations for it started earlier in December. The two siblings didn't pay much attention to the other holidays of the year. But Christmas was different. The small apartment was now crowded with Christmas decor ornaments, new clothes and other instant snacks they could store. Despite having divorced parents where none of them lived together with them, the two are given handsome amounts of money. Mr. Choi was a prominent lawyer and Mrs. Choi ran her banquet hall for the elites of South Korea.

"Oh plus, Soobin decided to help me bake some cookies and a gingerbread house on Christmas," Yewon calls as she organises drinks in the fridge, "You can finally have some decent homemade baked cookies,"

Beomgyu peeks out from the shelf he was assembling. "He is gonna be there with you on Christmas?"

Yewon replies with a hum, not bothered by the question. Over the past three months, she got quite close with Soobin, thanks to his sweet demeanour and straightforward comments he made. Part of falling for his attractiveness would be watching him bake and make drinks in the cafe. She was able to trust him, and one of the reasons was probably because he was Beomgyu's best friend. The documentary was a success and they both got a creative and professional award at the University festival.

"Thank God someone is gonna keep you company!" he sighs with relief, "I can finally bring this up and say yes to Minjae."

Yewon peeks out from the fridge and overlooks the living room where Beomgyu is working. "Minjae? Say yes to what?"