Chapter 7: Be A Man

.

.

.

Roman

No one's said anything. It's been an hour since we committed grand theft auto and it feels like Marley's been driving in circles. I'm glad we got out of there. It could have been so much worse. But I'm a little concerned we stole a car. "Mars?"

"Yeah?"

"I'm sorry for pushing your mom. Even though I wanted to help, I think I overstepped. I shouldn't have hit your mom. I'm sorry."

"No Roman you didn't over step in any way she deserved it. She's hit me and knocked me down plenty of times. Thank you for standing up for me." She gave me a comforting smile.

"Anytime." One more question though. "Where are you taking us?"

"My parents' house to get my stuff I'm leaving them for good."

"Don't you live by the school?" She laughs "No that's where Chance lives. She lets me stay sometimes. But I live with my parents."

"Ooh I love last minute packing, this is gonna be fast."

She laughed, "You have no Idea."

Zuri

We were driving down a windy path in Long Island. I forgot how far out Marley's house was. We pass the entrance sign and make a sharp left. 

We drive down for a little while passing the most beautifully constructed homes ever. To one that's even finer sitting in the corner of a spacious cul-de-sac.

Marley Pulls in the horseshoe driveway and follows it to the back of the house where we find a cute little pool house. She turns the car around before turning it off.

"Really?"

"How else do you expect us to escape in reverse? I'd crash before we left the driveway!!"

"All those driving lessons and for what?" I shake my head in disappointment.

She explains. "You know I failed four times. This way is easier."

"Whatever you say, miss thing."

"Just come help me bootyhead."

She walks towards the sliding door letting us in. I stand in complete confusion. Surprisingly all her stuff is packed already.

"Will all this stuff fit in the office?" She asks.

"Yeah babes it's like a room."

"Okay we can take all of these and I'll grab my designs."

We started moving everything outside the pool house. Marley was grabbing all her designs and putting them in her satchel. As I was packing up the truck I heard a demanding voice.

"Hello Ms. Rhodes." He stood here with a hand up and a grin on his face.

"Mr. Walters." I'm shell shock what the fuck do I say. Roman steps forward shielding me from his gaze.

"Sir with all due respect you and your wife are evil people for what you've put Marley through. Now we're taking her somewhere she can express herself. She will be safe, happy and well taken care of. Please don't try to stop us."

This is too much. I hope he doesn't call the cops.

"I understand the situation much more than you do. Now if you could just move aside I need to talk to my daughter." He responds firmly, waiting for us to move aside.

Roman stands his ground stepping directly in his line of sight he snaps.

"Yeah I don't think so. If she wants to talk to you then you guys will talk but if not we're taking her stuff and leaving. You've had more than enough time to say all the right things. Don't be upset that she's tired of waiting."

"Young man, I don't know who the hell you think you are. But you will not talk to me like that."

"Jezz and you wonder why she's ditching you now...how hard it is to be a man and admit you did wrong by her."

"You pompous little shit!" He lunges for Roman, punching him in the stomach.

Roman responds by pounding his face. They're literally fist fighting what the hell is happening. Can this day get any damn worse.

.

.

.

Can Marley escape her parents without anymore hardship?? Will her dad let her go and realize his wrong doings?

Any Thoughts?

Thank you so much for all the support. Writing Marley into the story has proven its many damn challenges but I'm glad I can still deliver for you guys. Comment your favorite moments and don't forget to share with your friends!! Thank You :)