Chapter 4: "Comfort in Companionship."

As the first rays of dawn peeked through the classroom window, casting a soft glow over the desks, Tashi shuffled into the room, exhaustion evident in his weary steps. He took a sip from his water bottle, the lingering taste of coffee on his tongue serving as a reminder of the long night he'd endured.

Lost in his own thoughts and the preparations for the day ahead, Tashi was taken by surprise when Dechen appeared beside him, her presence injecting a sense of brightness into the room. He looked up, a tired smile forming on his lips as he greeted her.

"Good morning, Dechen," he said, his voice carrying a hint of weariness.

Dechen returned his greeting with a cheerful smile, her energy seemingly boundless. "Good morning, Tashi," she replied, her steps confident as she made her way to her seat.

Observing Dechen's confident stride, Tashi felt a surge of relief knowing that her injury seemed to be a thing of the past. He watched her with admiration, grateful for her swift recovery.

"I'm glad to see you're feeling better," Tashi remarked, his voice filled with warmth.

Dechen nodded, her smile growing wider at his words. "Thanks to you," she said gratefully. "Your support really made a difference."

Tashi waved off her gratitude, his humility evident in his response. "Just doing what any friend would do," he replied modestly, though a sense of pride flickered in his eyes at having been able to assist her.

As Tashi and Dechen settled into their seats, Mrs. Bidha entered the room with purpose, her commanding presence instantly capturing the attention of the students. With confident strides, she approached the front of the class, her gaze sweeping over the room with determination.

"Good morning, class," Mrs. Bidha greeted, her tone brisk yet welcoming. "I have an important announcement regarding the upcoming final examinations."

The room fell silent as Mrs. Bidha continued, her words drawing the students' focus to the impending exams and the need for a fair seating arrangement.

"As you all know, the final examinations are fast approaching," Mrs. Bidha explained, her voice clear and authoritative. "And to ensure a fair and organized testing environment, I have decided to appoint Tashi and Dechen to coordinate the seating arrangement."

Tashi and Dechen exchanged surprised glances, the weight of the responsibility settling over them. Despite the initial shock, they nodded in acceptance, ready to fulfill the task entrusted to them.

"We trust that you will approach this task with diligence and professionalism," Mrs. Bidha concluded, her confidence in them evident. "Your cooperation will ensure the smooth running of the examinations for your fellow classmates."

With determined nods, Tashi and Dechen acknowledged their teacher's trust in them, silently committing to the task ahead. As they turned their attention to coordinating the seating arrangement, Jamyang and Sonam approached them with urgent news about Yangay and his cronies.

"Tashi, Dechen," Jamyang began, her voice tinged with concern. "There's something you need to know about Yangay and his group."

Intrigued, Tashi and Dechen listened intently as Jamyang explained the situation regarding the Socially Useful Productive Work (SUPW) session, which Yangay and his friends had skipped.

"This is serious," Dechen remarked, her expression grave. "We must inform Mrs. Bidha immediately."

Tashi nodded in agreement, his determination unwavering. "Let's find her and address this issue," he said, his voice resolute.

With a shared sense of purpose, the group set out to locate Mrs. Bidha, knowing that confronting Yangay and his friends would be a challenge. As they navigated the corridors, they remained steadfast in their commitment to uphold order and ensure fairness for all students.