Chapter 8: A Visitor Calls

(The Reporter is seen in a building belonging to Violet Systems as Lee Chaolan speaks up.)

Lee: I believe the real reason the Mishima family banished me was because they suspected I knew about the devil within Kazuya!

(Lee then faces back at the reporter with a smile.)

Reporter: I could tell by the look in his eyes he was telling the truth

(The scene cuts to Kyoto as he is following a Pro Hero named Nighteye.)

Reporter: A few days later, I headed to Kyoto. The old guy I'd contacted was already waiting for me at the run-down house we'd arranged to meet. 

Nighteye: I'd like to know more about the mystery of the Hachijo household's strength.

Reporter: I decided to be straight-up, which seemed to knock the Pro Hero named Nighteye back. I didn't believe in devils-- had no reason to--

(Back to the reporter and Lee.)

Reporter: But Lee had said to me that Kazuya's blood had cursed the Mishimas, even worse than the Three Faction War, the War between Salem and Ozma, and other events which led to the existence of Union Academy.

(The next scene shows a light shining on a book.)

Reporter: The archived account on the Hachijo, who Heihachi's wife Kazumi belonged to. I arranged to meet a guy who'd served the Hachijo Family years ago. If Kazuya had inherited Kazumi's blood, then maybe this guys could help me.

(Back to Kyoto, the reporter is seen inside a house, where Nighteye didn't find anything about the matter despite his best efforts.)

Reporter: But my efforts were in vain. Nighteye could find nothing. Then, when I thanked him, and we left through separate ways...

????: Begone Devil, begone Devil!

Reporter: Praying in a crimson river, in the mouth of which he lies, (keeps listening to the song) how long will the playing go on?

(Then a crimson river is shown as a drop of water somehow falls upon it.)

Reporter: The song was slow... it was a traditional nursery rhyme in the Hachijo family. When I heard it, I froze. What if the demon represented a mysterious power, "red" referred to blood, and the river symbolized a bloodline...? As whoever sang this song hummed on, I shook my head in horror.

(At Mishima Shrine, Heihachi is seen meditating in front of the statue that holds a sword and a rope as he is surrounded by candles. Suddenly someone bursts the door open, and a strong wind blows and puts the lights out. Heihachi noticed a familiar presence. It's none other than Akuma: The Master of the fists.)

Heihachi: Who the hell are you?