The glass Maze

We all stared at Kristin in shock. We could hardly believe that she had made the choice for all of us. I understood that she was frustrated. I would have been too. But in no way does that excuse just taking this offer on all of our behalf's.

The redneck cheered out in joy.

"That is wonderful news!" The man sang as he danced around in front of us again. This certainly did not make me feel any better about the mental state of this man. He had seen a man die on his grounds and seemed completely unfazed.

I pulled Kristin aside to talk to her privately. This made the redneck's dancing, come to a screeching halt. He watched me as I pulled her away from the crowd and began whispering to her.

"Have you lost your fucking mind Kris?" I asked softly, trying not to let the redneck hear me.

Kristin stared at me for a moment before speaking.

"Look." She began.

"We all wanted to have a good time at the party. Obviously, that fell through. We now have a shot at going to an all-night carnival, free of charge. And you're sitting here telling me that you are going to turn this down?" Kristin proceeded.

She had a very good point. We did all get together to have fun. What better place to have fun as a group than a carnival. As reluctant as I was, I agreed.

We shot our glances back to the redneck, who was now chatting with Ronnie. BY the looks of it, he was getting him pumped up for the carnival. He was no doubt trying to sell us all on it. Little did he know, he had us at free of charge.

Kristin and I began walking back to the group. We smiled at each other as we knew we were about to have an absolute blast here. The redneck could see our smiles. This made him smile as well. But It wasn't a normal smile. This smile was almost as unsettling as his quick dismissal of the dead clown only feet away.

"There it is!" The redneck cheered. His eyes gleamed with excitement.

We all looked at the Carnival rides, our hearts beating with anticipation. We were beyond ready to decompress with some fun. It had truly been one hell of a day. We began walking back toward the entrance, trying to ignore the dead clown, that was now leaving a blood puddle around his head. I couldn't help but gag at the thought that I would have to encounter him again, even though he would be dead this time.

As we walked away the man said something that chilled me to the bone. I practically felt my body temperature drop when he said it.

"I promise you guys will never forget this place!" The redneck yelled from across the parking lot.

I dismissed it as we made our way through the entrance. I guess you could say that my excitement overtook my fear in that moment. Had I had any sense at all, I would have suggested that we all leave that place immediately. Walking from here to anywhere else probably could have saved all of us that night.

Ronnie spoke up after a few moments. We had already guessed what he was going to suggest. It had been hours since Ronnie had smoked, given that his blood type was practically THC at this point in his life, he most likely wanted to go smoke.

"you guys want to burn one before we start? Ronnie asked.

Me all stared at him in disbelief. How in the hell could he want to smoke at all right now. If I were to take even a single puff right now, I'd be on a one-way trip to paranoia island.

"Definitely not!" Kristin said loudly.

"I'm ready to get this party started!" Kristin continued.

I have to say, I admired her optimism. She had lost her mode of transportation and was still trying to have a blast with us.