Chapter 29

Noah's door is shut tightly. not daring to open any time soon. swallow.

palms are sweating. i'm going into panic mode. i mean he might be crazy. but i'm not stupid. nor blind

something was wrong with him. like really wrong. Camille isnt here right now.

im alone with noah.

the halls are empty.

who knows where Amandala is. Or all the other Commanders. i have no idea.

and i don't really want to know. i just want to talk this out with someone.

besides Camile or commander Mckinnon.

and that's noah.

who brought me here. why shouldn't i go? right. because he was treating me poorly.

and i'm mad at him. but i'm not. because Mckinnon explained everything. why he was treating me like this. well not exactly. but you get the point. he was playing mind games. all this time.

i'll be surprised if he even turns his head in my direction. which he hasnt for the whole day.

he might not even move. but thats okay. because i will just talk. i dont care if he hasn't been very nice. especially last night. but i will talk. slowly and carefully.

hoping to god the guy doesn't pounce on me and try to kill me. which i wont be surprised either.

so i decide to let all my emotions drain out of my skull. and just think.

game time.

the lights around me are still dimmed slightly. the buzzing sound filling my ears. This is it.

i am standing right outside of noah's door. i gulp. should i knock? should i walk right in?

no way

who knows with that guy right?

so i peak my head so im listing into his room. my ear pressed to the cold metal door. i hear nothing. no sound. and i know noah is in there. should i say let me in? should i-

stop. just go in. thats all. sit. and talk. and then. walk out. and then. nothing

but i got nervous around him. even though he probably won't look at me. i was still in a room alone with him. which my mom wouldnt appreciate. but this is for her as well.

and noah. why wouldnt he say he knew my mom? maybe he can't stand me because of how much i remind him of mom? maybe he's mourning with me.

great.thats all i need. a friend to mourn my mom with. i dont need noah. i just need to talk.

no more thinking. just go in. don't think anymore

wing it. and talk

i shut my eyes tight and breathe one last time before i lift my chin high and shoulders tight and ready to attack. i have a look of determination in my eyes. i can feel them. maybe he was right.

i was stronger now. and dangerous.

i could sense peoples feelings. no wonder i could sense noah's

i stand close to the door now. my hands are lightly brushing the door knob to open. please be open. if locked. then what? knock. yes just knock quietly and quickly. i dont want anyone to see me go in.

suspicion i guess.

i take one peak behind me to see if anyone is there. nope. im good. just go now.

so i do. i turn the handle so slowly only a snail could pass by. just to test right?

and i'm right. because its open. the handle. oh god