Chapter 31

The next couple of minutes pass by in a faze. in a blurr. everything is a blur.

and i can't get noah's words out of my mind

i can't get the sensation of my arm draped over him

last night

i can't even comprehend what i was thinking. but it was late. and i was tired. 

and i didn't care where i laid my head down on. as long as it wasn't the cold floor. or i would have been sick. 

something was wrong noah had said in a quiet whisper last night. my eyes were shut tight and i wasn't paying attention until then. he could sense something was off and weird. he didnt tell me what. because he didnt even know himself. it scared me a bit. was he going to tell me today?

was something really wrong. i couldnt sense anything wrong? so. maybe. it was all in his head. but noah is usually right. maybe im the one thats crazy.

i dont know whats crazy anymore. after what Mckinnon and noah had told me over the past 24 hours. it overwhelmed me. a cyclops. it was too much for me to take. all of this information. about me. my mother. my life. one. big. lie. and i was something special mckinnon mentioned. which was completely crazy in my eyes. i was nothing special. and i needed to know what the hell was happening with noah

and now. what was going to happen now? 

i was scared

for once in my life

scared. 

...

I hadn't seen noah that whole morning, and i was getting a little worried. what was he up to now. who am i kidding. he was always up to something around here.

i walk into the cafeteria where everyone else had already been seated by the time i walked in. the place smelled fresh and so exotic. i wanted to eat the air up. not literally. pancakes and waffles with whip cream and fresh fruit trays. everything you could think. crapes and even chocolate sauce. it was heaven for me. i was in awe. i was hungry, in fact. i had nothing yesterday. starving myself was not an option but god. i wanted to eat everything here. everything.  

i catch camille's eye and she does a double take. not before smiling my way. 

seeing all of her friends gave me a new sort of confidence too.

all the other girls before.

i wanted to say thank you to all of them for caring about me the other night. when noah was being a real jerk.

right. it was an "act"

right. 

they all laugh and i can tell they are all in a great mood. they were all nice. and they were all cyclops.

even better, maybe they knew mom too. great. 

seeing Camille i wave gently towards her and she gives me a reassuring smile as she nods her head with questioning eyes. i tilt my head to the side and furrow my eyebrows together.

"did you talk to him?" she mouths quietly. 

i nod slowly and wiggle my eyebrows. but not before blushing first. even thinking about noah. god stop. pathetic was the word actually clara. she gives me a small thumbs up and breaks the gaze and continues eating what's on her plate. loads of pancakes and fruit. watermelon and apple slices scattered her plate. i grabbed my food and headed towards their table without thinking about it first.

without any hesitation. but before i even reach them to wave hello or say thank you. anything. I notice camille's gaze and her smile wipes right off her face. all of the girls. i'm facing them. but they are facing opposite. they all drop what they are eating. and their mouth goes agape. there eyes are wide with shock. fear? no. agony? no. pain? no.