Chapter 30

light. lightness fills my eyes. behind my eyes. is lightness. something that I never get much more of. its sad. and frustrating. but i know it's morning. i can feel it in the air around me. i keep my eyes shut closed. was noah still here? what time is it? i want to stretch my limbs and take a jog.

and my eyes stutter open. eyelashes hitting the top of my eyebrow. they were long. and i loved them. 

i liked my eyes.

noah did too. bonus points.

but everything was a bit too blurry for my liking. i tilt my head side to side.  im breathing in something.

a scent. and i'm looking at a back. a back. of a human.

noah. of course. but wait. no. 

i wiggle my fingertips and find that my arm is laced around his waist. HIS WAIST.

oh no. no. no. no. no. no. no. no. no.

we were touching. what happened? i never remembered rolling over and facing him? his arm was underneath of him. no touching me. why had i? WHY ME.

and noah. first of all. noah. I knew this was a bad idea. and god

i was still mad at him. and as much as i wanted to be furiously mad at him. angry. pissed.

i wasnt. i wasn't anymore. because i understood why he was acting like such a prick.

for minutes i just lay there. breathless. and wide eyed. my arm was still draped over his torso and i was getting anxious. what time. i need to go. like now. before Camille gets her. which i know she will.

I can feel noah's steady breaths. in and out. rising and falling on my arm. my breaths move with him. at the exact same time. i want to lay there forever. but i knew i couldnt. i had to leave like i said i would. our bodies were so close. so close. i close my eyes again and inhale his scent. 

rain. and. soap. nice. 

what surprises me even more is that noah never even moves an inch. he just breathes. and sleeps. thank god that i can't see his face. i try to move my leg but

there numb. i need to move around. get up Clara. get up. i groan slightly and quietly purse my lips together so that Noah won't hear my movements. i wiggle my arm from his waist and groan when my arm falls limp over his body again. god. what was wrong with me. i couldn't move at all.

i was getting annoyed. i wanted to go lay down in my room. and who knows do what. what was next?

what was the plan?

what does all of this mean?

i wanted my mom. no. shes dead. dammit clara. stop thinking and get out of noah's bed. but he does smell nice. and for once in my life. he isn't smirking at me. or rolling his eyes. or pinning me to a tree. or door.

he's just sleeping. like a normal human does. cyclops. just kidding. were not "normal" in the sense. damn. the room is still a little dark, but the hallway lights peak just under the door. and sooner or later. someone would come in.

i release my arm from noah quickly. because i really need to go. and its 8:30. Crap.

half an hour before breakfast. just great. i need to change and head back to my room.

i sigh quietly and rest my back on the headboard and steady my breathing. i seem to stifle a yawn and stretch my arms and legs. noah. still sleeping. of course. i guess he was a heavy sleeper.? because he wouldn't budge at all. i was surprised.

i lean forward and brush the light cover of my legs. i rub my eyes while doing this. im tired. very. and i need more sleep. but i'm not lazy. so ill get up.