Chapter 18

Sansa ran her fingers over the embroidery, following the lines with her fingertips. She tried to picture her mothers face, her smile.

But all she saw was her eyes, staring motionlessly into nothing just like her fathers. She had to believe they were still alive, there was nothing left otherwise.

She had laid awake all night thinking about how they died, how her mother watched her brother die, right in front of her, her first child.

Then the steel was at her throat and its bite was red and cold.

She clenched the scarf in her fist bringing it to her face, she wanted to bury her face in it, she wanted it to end. But she couldn't, she was a Stark of Winterfell and they couldn't break her. She needed her family back, she knew her fathers words.

The lone wolf dies, but the pack survives.

~

Jamie returned to their chambers late, he hadn't wanted to go back after the words he spoke. A few candles were lit around the room, lighting up their chambers. He hadn't seen Sansa until she spoke.

"I didn't know if you'd come back" Jamie stopped unsure of what to say. She took a few steps closer to him "I wasn't sure if you wanted me to come back" he watched her carefully for a moment.

"I'm sorry" his brow furrowed "what?... What have you to be sorry for?" "I've been stupid, I wanted my family back so much that I was willing to cling on to any hope that they could be alive" Jamie stayed quiet while she spoke.

"I haven't had a family since the day I left Winterfell" she looked up at him, there was a pain in his eyes looking back at her, something she hadn't seen before. She felt a guilt rising in the pit of her stomach, Jamie pulled her closer to him resting his chin on the top of her head. "I'm sorry, I can't make it better".

She hated lying to him, but he was a Lannister and she was a Stark. One of the most dangerous things in the world

~

Sansa woke up early, Jamie was still asleep, his arm was wrapped around her waist. His head was buried in the back of her neck, hidden by her red locks.

She pulled herself up slowly, avoiding waking him, once she was dressed she quietly shut the door behind her. Following the passage way she continued following up the stairs until she reached the castle walls.

A voice came behind her making her jump "Lady Sansa" "Lord Baelish" she quickly spoke. It was almost as if he had been waiting for her.

"Did you open my present?" Sansa gave a slight nod "your mother made me promise to give it to you" "my mother... You've spoken to her?" Lord Baelish held her gaze a little longer, before nodding once. "Your mother and brother are hiding out somewhere under the Tyrell's protection, I'm returning there in a few days"

Sansa felt her breathing increase "I could take you with me, away from this place, back to your home" Sansa's eyes widened, "you mean I could see them again?" She found herself thinking of Jamie, knowing her family's hatred of him.

"Of course, it's where you belong Sansa" she looked up to the walls "where have they taken the heads, "Queen Margery had them taken down, she wants you to be happy, just as much as I want you to"

Raising his hand to Sansa's cheek, he ran his thumb over her lip, making Sansa freeze. "I have to get back, before Jamie wonders where I am" she took a few steps back, Lord Baelish lowered his hand, smiling "of course, I hope to speak with you soon, Lady Sansa" he passed her a folded sheet of paper, closing her fingers around it.

She looked at him for a moment, before turning her back to him, heading back in the direction she had just come from.

~

Jamie woke to find Sansa had gone, getting out of bed, he pulled on his shirt, letting it hang loosely to his chest. Walking over to the table he poured himself some water, bringing it to his lips his eyes scanned the table.

His eyes landed on a crumpled up material, picking it up, the embroidery revealed the fish sigil, the Tully's.

Underneath where the cloth had been laid a note, Jamie opened it reading 'the North remembers'

Hearing the sound of footsteps, he quickly hid the note in his hand. Seeing Sansa enter he gave her a soft smile.

"You left early" Sansa returned the smile, looking away from his eyes "yes, I visited the godswood." Jamie nodded, watching her for a moment.

"Do you want to talk about anything?" Sansa had her back to him. "What?" Her voice returned to its normal quiet tone. "We never spoke about what Margery told you, I don't understand why she would tell you-" "-she didn't" Jamie interrupted "-but you said she explained-" "I only said that because I wanted you to believe me"

Sansa felt the guilt return in her stomach as she turned to look at him. His eyes watched her cautiously. She hated lying to him, she had never been a good liar, Baelish had told her that.

"I don't want to talk about it, there's nothing to talk about" she gave him a soft smile, she wanted to talk to him about it, she wanted to tell him everything. About how she still believed they were alive. About how much she wished she had never left Winterfell. He was the only one she partly trusted.

But she had to keep this from him, it was too dangerous and he'd already proved he couldn't believe her. Jamie looked down, almost as if he felt embarrassed.

"Shae will be here soon, I'll need to bathe before breakfast" she sat down at the dresser, facing the mirror.

She kept her eyes on Jamie, who said nothing. Giving a slight nod he headed towards the door, closing it behind him and leaving her in an empty room.

Taking the note out of her sleeve, she unfolded the ripped page, showing Baelish's words, telling her where to meet him and when. This was it, this was her chance to get her family back.

~

Okay so are people liking this story because I'm not sure? I feel like I should of planned everything out from the start.

I am sorry I haven't been updating regularly, I'm going to try to more but I'm not makings any promises.

Does anyone have any improvements I could work on?

Thanks to everyone who reads and votes and comments:-)x