Hashtag 06

#BreakTheIceTheSequel

"Breaking ice for the second time around will be the hardest."

-x-

Thank you for the editing opportunity. But when a moment arrived that I must choose between to live or to die, to further save myself from anymore damage – resigning is the best resort.

Because. . . I don't want Melchizedek Jesus Crux to fucking read my novella.

Not him. Or I die.

She was really tempted to get that resignation letter on the top of her boss' table the next day, but was surprised to see no Miko in the lobby, his own cubicle, o kahit sa hallways.

All smiles tuloy siyang nagpunta sa sariling pwesto.

ABSENT SI MIKO! Yehey.

Sana ma-fired ito sa pag-absent para mas magiging masaya si Jhi– gods, ano bang pinag-iisip niya?

Act cool, Jhing. Just go with the flow, and get your goals intact.

Do not get distracted.

She downloaded a big file on her computer, kaya habang naghihintay, she went to the pantry to get her coffee. Sobrang saya niya, almost skipped her way but abruptly stopped – when she saw. . . him.

He sat on a corner, a coffee tumbler on hand while typing something on his laptop, backpack on his side.

Also, she didn't know Miko was capable of wearing eyeglasses. . .but who the hell cares?!

Gumawa siya ng kape, and she hated the feeling of a pair of eyes studying her every move. Lumingon siya sa pwesto ni Miko, iniisip na iiwas ng tingin ang lalaki sa kanya.

But lo and behold, he didn't even blink.

He just stared at her.

Tinaas pa nito ang coffee tumbler na hawak.

And then smiled.

Ookkaaayyy, the plan backfired.

ABORT MISSION.

Iniwas ni Jhing ang tingin kay Miko, at nagmadali palabas ng pantry. Para na nga siyang hinahabol nang masamang espiritu kaya mabilis siyang bumalik sa pwesto.

July talked to her a bit, pero ang nagawa lang niya ay ang tumango.

She couldn't do this – no. Hindi niya kayang ipabasa sa lalaking 'yon ang novella. The resignation letter. . .it was tempting to print it.

Good thing, half day lang si Miko. Before lunch, he was already nowhere to be found. Not that she wanted to know why he wasn't in his cubicle. Nasama lang kasi siya sa lunch conversation.

"May meeting daw sa client niya."

"Client? Eh di ba illustrator natin siya?"

"Bawal may sariling client, girl?" natatawang sabi ni July. "Tsaka ang chika ko yayamanin daw 'yun. May sariling business. Baka past time lang niya 'tong work or something. Ni-recommend daw siya ng higher ups, eh."

"He's actually good, infairness," sabi ng isa. "Sumisilip ako pag gumagawa siya. Mabilis tsaka maganda. Cute ng color palettes."

"Cute rin siya," another one said which made Jhing almost cough her food out.